cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting the Records MDM JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using RetrieveRecordsByIdCommand to retrieve the records from MDM. I want to sort the records based on MDM ID. I tried with SortDefinition which will be passed to the ResultDefinition, but it is not working. Please tell me any other way to sort the records based on a particular field values.

Thanks,

Sreenivasulu Thimmanapalli.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu Thimmanapalli.

Based on your description, the result should come back with your defined SortDefinition.

I assumed MDM ID you mentioned is a field in MDM. Not MDM java RecordId

One thing you might want to check

When creating the SortDefinition, do you have the boolean flag set the way you wanted?

addSortField(FieldId fieldId, boolean isAscending)

-Wing

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If, by MDM ID, you mean the internal ID assigned to all MDM records, then simply use your Retrieve command, with no sort information at all! When no sort information is provided, the records should be returned in the order of their internal ID.

Walter

0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivasulu Thimmanapalli.

Also, please check if the field to sort is with Sort-Index set to Normal. In your case, it could be set to None currently

To confirm

--Go to MDM Console, Select the Table > Select the Field (that you are trying to sort-on).

--Look at Field Detail panel, the Sort Index properties should be set to Normal.

-Wing

Edited by: Wing Kee Chui on Jan 14, 2009 9:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wing Kee Chui,

Thanks for your reply. MDM ID is field in MDM. I checked the sorting property in MDM console , it is set to "Sorting". Eventhough i am not getting the Sorted RecordResultSet. Is there any other way to sort the records. SortDefinition is not working............

Thanks.

0 Kudos

HI Sreenivasulu Thimmanapalli.

I recalled using API 5.5.62.56 with sorting on an Integer type field and it's working on my end. i dont know of another mdm java api for your sorting purpose.

Not sure if the issue you face is due to other factors. (api ver, field type..).

What is the field type of your field : MDM ID?

Thanks

-Wing