Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When sorting a table in WD, I found a post here in SDN with:

l_col_name = wdevent->get_string( 'COLUMN' ).

l_sort_direction = wdevent->get_string( 'DIRECTION' ).

It works perfect for me, but I need to know where the 'COLUMN' and the 'DIRECTION' came from? I need to know if there is anymore parameters I can choose from, and if using another event, instead onSort, how can I find those parameters?

Thanks,

Erick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Erick,

see the related document within the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2d/390e422dfcde2ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">SAP Online Help</a>.

Regards, Bertram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bertram,

Thank you for the documentation, but I still have one more doubt.

Why I must use 'COLUMN' instead 'COL' as suggested on the documentation? Is there something wrong?

Thanks

Erick

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

Both is possible. You can use COL and COLUMN. An easier way to declare them is to add them as parameters to the action handler method. Above the coding, there is a table. Just enter them there and use them directly without having the need to call a wd_event->get_*() method.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks!!

Actually it did not work with 'COL' !!! 😮

But using the parameters directly just by writing them to the parameters table was really great.

Thanks

Erick

Message was edited by: Erick Vavretchek

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

Great to hear that you like the one-step param mapping feature.

Regarding the COL param: Up to an earlier SP there had only been the COLUMN parameter. That was actually a bug as the spec says it had to be called COL. We fixed it later on by introducing that missing COL parameter without deleting the existing COLUMN one in order continue supporting existing applications.

Best regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)