cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have more than One DC for the sales organization and Plant combo?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we have more than One DC for the sales organization and Plant combination?

If yes can you please site a practical example to clear the picture

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all in SAP sales orgs are assigned to distribution channels and the combination of sales org and distribution channel which is called distribution chain is assigned to plant

There is no direct link between sales org and plant or distribution channel and plant

So sales org and plant combination doesnot exists and

it is only sales org and dist channel combination which is called as distribution chain only exists

Nowhere in SAP we are assigning sales org to plant

It is because sales org alone doesnot make sense and its combination with dist channel only makes sense

because sales org is a selling org and the distribution channel is the route to sell and this combination has only to pick the material from plant to process sales to customers

The relation between sales org and distribution channels is many to many and also vice versa

Multiple sales orgs can be assigned to one distribution channel and

Multiple distribution channels can be assigned to one sales org

Similarly the relation ship between Distribution chain (sales org+dist channel) to plant is also many to many and vice versa

Similarly plants from other company codes can also be assigned to Distribution chain to facilitate intercompany processes

In whatever way look at it the multiple distribution channels can be fit anywhere

Regards

Raja

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You cancertainly have more than one DC for any particular combo of Sales org and Plant. Say Plant A is producing 100 cc bikes sold from a centralised Sales org, these can be sold via

DC1 - dealer Network

DC2 - CDS sales for defence sector.

DC3 - Direct sales to corporates bulk purchase

DC4 - Sales through tender like Police force etc.

One have have individual pricing for each sales ares based on various DC

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes U can have multiple DC for comb of sales org and plants. You can differentiate foso as to use different pricing for them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

Yes it is possible. I configured the same scenario

I have one Sale Og- 1000 (SO)

Dis. Ch- 10 (Domestic Sales)

-20 (Export Sales)

My plant- 1001

1000/10- 1001

1000/20- 1001

This is a common scenario

Regards,

Deepu Pillia

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Christino

Let us take an example that we have a manufacturing plant where there is sales to domestic retailers, domestic OEMs, export retailers, export OEMs etc.

Here what I would do is that I will have distribution channel each for domestic retail, domestic OEMs, retail exports, export OEMs with one sales organization. So the combination would be

- 1000:::10:::00:::Domestic OEMs

- 1000:::20:::00:::Domestic Retail

- 1000:::30:::00:::Exports Retail

- 1000:::40:::00:::Exports OEMs

- 1000:::50:::00:::STO to other plants

- 1000:::60:::00:::STO to Sales Depot

If you notice the above combination, only distribution channel differs and sales organization remains the same for all.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can sale from the same depo to wholesale customer and to retail customers as well. In this case you can customize separate distribution chanell i.e. to diversfy pricing conditions (prices, discounts etc) if you want to have higher pricnes for retail customer.

Regards,

Marcin