Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer - ConfigTool.sh - SAP NetWeaver 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

First I wanted to set up my MOPZ to do this I have to create a RFC "SAPSLDAPI"

Until there no problem but the next step become a little more problematic.

I have to run the admin tool /usr/sap/SOL/..../j2ee/admin/go.

Unfortunatly I lost the password's J2EE_ADMIN, no problem google is your best friend and then I tried to run the config tool. Oh big surprise

The java class not found: com.sap.offline.OfflineToolStart

What can i do to fix this problem?

Note 1024932 - Maintenance Optimizer: Collective Note

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b7/341241d71cd349e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Edited by: Hafid CHEBRAOUI on Jan 14, 2009 4:22 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like you have two different issues here.

MOPZ

And Java Stack not starting.

Maintenance optimizer requires that your connection to SAP is in tact first through the saprouter. Do you have all of that in place and is your rfc connections for SAP_OSS and SAPNET_RFC working.

SAPSLDAPI is a connection for the SLD not for the maintenance optimizer.

The link you put below doesn't have anything to do with configuring maintenance optimizer. The ossnote you posted is a collective note for maintenance optimizer and points you to spro to follow the instructions.

Review https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/solman-mopz

Review ossnotes 990534 and 1024932

try running SE38 SM_PREP_MAINTENANCE_OPTIMIZER That may give you some assistance.

Anyone that is going to download using the maintenance optimizer needs to exist in transaction AISUSER

As for the Java stack.

It sounds like your path is not right. Did you update your path environment variables with the installation directory of java? Check that java -version is working from the <sid>adm login.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Effectively you are right, here it is two different topics.

I'm sure you will forgive me if i tell you i'm a big junior and for me it's like a big ocean.

The first Part is concerning MOPZ and the second part is about netweaver in order to administrate our different landscape by using SAP NetWeaver.

__Concerning Java:__

root@srvsap01: java -version

java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 2.2)

IBM J9SE VM (build 2.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM J9 2.2 Linux amd64-64 j9xa64142-20060824 (JIT enabled)

J9VM - 20060802_1551_LHdSMr

JIT - r7_level20060707_1808ifx1)

echo $JAVA_HOME -> /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to launch the configtool? If that starts then there is no problem with your Java settings and your problem is that the admin tool can't connect to the db. If the configtool doesn't start then you have a problem with Java or exporting your display.

Let me know,

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

NetWeaver

-

I'm able to launch the admin tool but i don't have the password's J2EE_ADMIN, that's why SAP* has to be activated by using the configtool.

I tried to launch the configtool by running configtool.sh but it doesn't work and I've got an error message the java class com.sap.offline.OfflineToolStart is missing.

What can i do to fix it?

-

Concerning the Note 990534 - Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer: BC Set, my question is:

-

- Do i really need to have a master system and a client system or only the system manager can be used ?

Because when I run the SCC4 transaction I can see 4 clients 000 / 001 / 066 / 100.

000 SAP AG Konzern

001 Auslieferungsmandant R11

066 Test EarlyWatch Profiles Walldorf

100 Solution manager client ADMIN 20.06.2007 SOLCLNT100

The problem is that i have only the password for 000.

regards,

Edited by: Hafid CHEBRAOUI on Jan 15, 2009 7:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hafid,

The admin tool doesn't do anything until you try to login. Then it connects to the db. The configtool does not require SAP to be up for you to connect to the db in order for it to work. Theey both use the Java stack to display the screens and the configtool stores it's initial information on the hard drive rather than in the db as the admin tool does.

Anyway, since the configtool is not starting it seems that you have a conflict with your Java version. Can you tell me what type of hardware you have and the java version that you installed. Are you using 64 bit hardware?

As for the J2EE_ADMIN userid. Are you saying that you could login to the 000 client with the admin tool or that you got a java error when you tried.

The way that works is the J2EE_admin userid is supplied with the initial install for the default clients. When you make a new client you copy the J2EE_admin userid to the new client as well. J2EE_ADMIN does not appear in the ABAP stack, initially. Although, you can add the id and change the pw and it should synchronize over. I don't think your problem is the pw though. I think that you are not connecting to the db from Java. So, let's look at the Java installation first.

Lee

Answers (0)