cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material BOM's (I think)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all.

I have done this before but alas how do do it escapes me at present.

We want when we add a material to a line that it automaically brings in a second material (TANN) with an equal qty or 1 of main material equals .01 of second material.

So we enter the following : -

Material A, Qty = 100

(then automatically)

Material B, Qty = 1 (plus needs to be FOC(TANN))

Somewhere in my memory bank we have to use CS01 to create a sales bomb and also ament the Item Cats on the material master, or am i talking complete rubbish? If so what item cats should i be using

Regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all, i will mess around

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is that quantity of 0.123 is Deliverable? What is the Unit of Measure maintained in the Material Master Record of that material.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Go to VBN1 and maintain condition records for free goods.

Also check whether NA00 is present in NAOOO1 PROCEDURE (FREE GOODS)

Also check whether NA0001 is assigned to your sales area in free goods determination condition teqniq steps.

Regards,

Reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that.

But I also want to know how to do the following : -

I want to be able to sell 1 of the main item and give 0.001 of free item and them what ever multiples there after.

eg is i sell 123 of item 1 i need to give 0.123 of free item.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

its nothing but free goods.

In VBN1 u maitain records as 10 to 1

Ex.material A QTY-10

material B qty 1 as free.

In free goods any type of material can be given free with any type of material.

Only rule is one to one.

Regards,

Reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that but i need some help setting this up. Please can you help me further

These are the fields within VBN1. Using the exclusive options, what is needed to be entered, my relationship is for every 1 of Material A i need to give away 0.001 of material B or 1000 / 1 (but they can order less that 1000). In the material master, Item Cats are A=NORM, B=VERP

So going from left to right on the screen these are the fields.

Material

Name (no entry)

Min Qty

For

UnitFG

add.FG

AddQtyUnit

in %

Calc.Rule

FreeGoods

Add Mat FrGd

Material Description (no Entrty)

FGDelyCont

Also is there any other config that needs to be done to make this work?

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

An update on this questions.

I am now getting in my Sales order the following message : -

"Condition Record is Missing" (NA001)

Regards

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is exactly Free Goods only and not at all a BOM.

You can create the free goods condition records as, for every 100 units of material A, 1 unit of material B is free.

You can do that manually in the sales order also. Input the material A and B with the quantities and change the item category of the B to TANN and also... in the column next to quantity...Higher level item column, enter the line item number of the material A. This will make the material B as a subitem to material A and the change of item category of the material B will make it a free goods.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Again thanks for all your suggestions, but these are completely different materials we are talking about.

Every time Material A is entered Material B needs to come in, also the Qty of Material B is based on Material A,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think we can achieve the same in VBN1 itself. While creating VBN1 take the Calculation Rule as 1 - Prorata.

For example, when a customer orders 100 cases of Material A, the customer receives an additional 20 cases of Material B for free. The company would like to have the system treat the 'Buy 100, Get 20 Free' agreement proportionately. For example, if the customer orders 162 cases, the system should automatically grant 32 for free [162 x (20/100)]. To accomplish this, the user would assign free goods calculation rule '1' to the free goods condition record.

Hope this will help

Viswanath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve, Free Goods does sound the the solution you are looking for, but if you want to go the BOM route.

Create the BOM in CS01

Create item category determination in the IMG. Have the Higher_Level category (TAN?) map to the (Lower Level) Item Category TANN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers but alas the second item needs to relate to the first one, eg if we order 120,000 of item A then Item B needs to be 120....

So not sure how VBN1 handles this or even knows the relationship.

With regard to BOMs i have changed the items in question ERLA and this is doing something now, i will carry on messing abotu but all info is welcome.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the functionality of FREE GOODS (exclusive free goods). The free goods are determined as a subitem automatically based on the Condition records which are created using the Tcode VBN1.

You can find number of threads in this forum on the process of configuring Free Goods functionality. Please make a small search.

Thanks,

Ravi