cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender Adapter - Throw Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've custom a communication channel for the file sender adapter and I'd like to raise alerts in case of technical errors and functional.

I managed to do this for functional errors, by alert rules, and runs good. But for technical errors, the alert rules, not runs good.

I think to develop this control through Adapter User Modules. But so far I have not succeeded. Because if I remove the read permissions of the directory, the User Module is not executed.

I don't know the solution. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jose.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My problem was a bad configuration on the parameters of the alert rule. To manage the system errors and the application errors for my process integration scenario I'm configured the next:

• System Errors:

• Rule Activated: Yes. - And - Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule: No.

• Description and Alert Category, the corresponds.

• Bound to message: Not relevant.

• Sender Service, Sender Interface and Sender namespace, the corresponds.

• The other conditions: *

• Where did the error occur?

• Adapter Engine: Yes. - Adapter Type: File

• Application Errors:

• Rule Activated: Yes. - And - Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule: No.

• Description and Alert Category, the corresponds.

• Bound to message: Yes.

• Sender Service, Sender Interface and Sender namespace, and Receiver conditions, the corresponds.

• Where did the error occur?

• No Restriction.

Thanks to all,

Jose.

Edited by: Jose María Mudarra Lara on Jan 28, 2009 3:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks friends,

Basically the problem is that errors in the File Adapter arise before it can generate any message. A possible error is that the FileSystem is down, or that the FileSystem is not assigned read permissions for the user XI, ...

In the Alert Rule, i set in the "Where did the error occur?" that the error occurs in "Adapter Engine" and the Adapter Type is "File". But in runtime the error ocurr (i have to see the Communication Channel Monitoring) and the alert no triggered.

I work with version XI 3.0 SP20.

Not to do ...

Regards,

Jose.

former_member187563
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

IF possible you can go for fault message types.

you can refer to:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

regards,

ujjwal kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a matter of fact you can't use fault message types when dealing with file adapters. Those message type are mostly used in proxy communication (also, I have never seen them being used anywhere else)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you want an alert in your inbox when, for example, the directory can not be accessed? You can achieve this by only filling out the sending business system (that the communication channel belongs to) in your alert configuration.