cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in Holding status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with an EOIO interface that sometimes it leaves messages in Holding status. The interface does have "maintain order at runtime" activated, but it was found out that there is no need for EOIO from business perspective.

The way the situation has been handled so far is that the messages that have ended up in holding state were resent from the source system and they've cleared XI and ended up in the destination system.

I know that normally you'd have to find the message in error state and reprocess that and that would cause the subsequent messages to transfer as well, but the problem is that there is no such message - all I can find is messages in HOLD-status and successful messages. Additionally the messages cannot be canceled or reprocessed in runtime workbench. (This information was gathered from this post: [/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework|/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework])

So, ultimately the question is that if the the "maintain order"-configuration is removed, will it cause the older messages in holding status to become active again and end up as duplicates in the destination system? If this might happen, something has to be done to the messages in holding status before progressing with anything.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Topi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The actual problem was that the messages should NOT end up going to the target system, but unfortunately Rajeevs solution won't work as such because the target system is not a SAP system and the messages won't go through ABAP stack anymore. This can most likely be solved by causing similar "errors" in Java stack though.

Thank you for your responses.

Regards,

Topi

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you deactivate the "Maintain order at runtime" in ur interface then the new messages will flow with EO quality of service and the old messages will not be considered anymore.

As you said, the holding messages were resent again from source system then why cant you go ahead and cancel those messages in holding status in adapter engine??

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can resend the mesages using Basis person help.

Thank You,

Madhav

Note: Points If Useful

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally this should initiate processing of messages in hold status. if not you can try with resend option.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

interesting situation............if you change to EO, i think XI will try to resend your holding entries.........

so i suggest a workaround to you: first go to SXMB_ADM and deregister the EO queues and activate it..

then in ID change EOIO to EO and activate it...........try to send all holding msgs by selecting them and resending them.............this will end up all the msgs in queues............then go to SMQ2 and delete all the entries in the queues.................then go to SXMB_ADM to register the EO queues and activate it....

then send a new msg and it should be processed.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta