cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Control Fields are disable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am having problem with copying control in SAP SD. While using T- Code VTAF, VTFF etc for copying control, I found all the standard fields are disable but I am able to do all the sale processing. Therefore me doubt is; when there is not even a single field is available in the copying control then how I am able to run all the activities. If these are hidden and maintained in background then how I can able to see the existing fields in copying control. Please reply as soon as possible and clear my doubt. I shall be great thankful to you for this.

Regards,

Bharat B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "standard fields"? All the fields that we should be able to change are open for changes in our system. The transactions open in Display mode by default, you need to switch to the Change mode to make any changes.

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm still betting he's in read-only mode, and probably does not have access to change mode (hopefully)

In any case let's all keep posting and string this thread out as far as we can !

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat

Its just a guess but try the T-code VTFA (copy control from Order to Bill) instead of VTAF as you wrote is for copy control from Billing to Order.

Regards

AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

You might have created your sales document type, Item category by copying the standard ones, this might be the reason, even if they are not available in the copy controls, you are able to do the sales cycle.

Regards,

Vishal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bharat

I dont know what do you mean by "all the standard fields are disable". Definitely, this could be due to some authorization problem. Check with your basis team as I feel after going through your posts, solution to your issue can neither be given by consultants nor ABAPers.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do copy existing your own documents(which you have copied and renamed) and do try in that way.

If not start customizing new documents as per standard documents and try.

Hope this way u can slove.

In copy controls go to new entries and start configuraing document and target document and give copying requirements.

Regards,

Reddyy

Edited by: REDDYY SD on Jan 15, 2009 12:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reddy,

if there is not even a sinle entry is existed then how i can copy with the standard..please provide me the right solution.once again i would like to explain the doubt..if there is no coping control is maintained in the system then how the sales process is running..I am quite confuse..

thanks and regards

Bharat B

Certified sap sd consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u want to change the feilds,

select your billing & sales documents type line just click new entries if it is in change mode and if new entries tab is vivible.

If the screen is in display mode select the line and click on display>change icon .

select your documents go to details and change requirements as per ur choice.

Do try in this way.

Regards,

Reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reddy,

you are not still gettting my question..nothing is available in the fields then how i can change the same one..these fields are hidden not in display mode..actually i am facing this problem first time and which is quite sticky..so please provide me the solution for that..

Thanks and Regards,

Bharat B

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As others rightly said by default whenever you enter into copy control screen you will be in a dilplay mode . You need to be in change mode to make any changes. And please be careful while changing the standard setting. you should be knowledgable enough before you do any changes as copy control controls the movement of data from one document to the other

regards,

Krishna Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for yours kind response to my doubt but the question is still not solved. as i already explain in my question that the available standard fields are disable means they are not in display mode, else these are hidden/invisible, so please try to give me the appropriate answer for that..and one more thing i want to add i.e. standard fields means..the values avialable for source fields and target fields as per the sap standard..as there is no copyning control existing in the system..For instance; copying control from OR to F1, F2 etc, LF to F1, F2 etc are not shown in the system but i am able to process all the sales activities like sales order creation, Delivery Document and Billing Document creation, so i know that stuff that if the copying control is not available then system won't be aloww me to do the single transaction for sales processing..I know this is bit time consuming and cofusing too but i am having faith in YOU. I think now you have understood my problem..so please provide me the solution for that. I shall be great thankful for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharat B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

please do click on last icon in left hand side.(iam not having access to system right now) may be its icon for change which is beside left side of details(magnifying glass) icon and do try.

Regards,

Reddyy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bharat is obviously in Display mode, and I would bet he/she never even comes back to respond to this thread