cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two invoices for one delivery document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I have a delivery (Doc type LF) for which the system has created two invoices (Doc type F2). Both the invoices are exactly the same expect for the creation time (which differs by few minutes).

I have look into the copy control between LF and F2 for item category TAN and did not get a clue. In the copy control we have the following configuration

Billing Quantity = B (Delivery quantity less invoiced quantity)

Pos/Neg quantity = + (Positive)

Pricing Type = 1 (Customer Reserve)

I have also searched the forum and OSS notes and till the time I searched couldnt find any material that was helpful.

Appreciate your time and help.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nadarajah Pratheb

In normal circumstances, invoice split will happen if any of the following is different in preceding documents like sale order or delivery

- Payer

- Actual GI Date

- Inco terms

- Payment terms

- Account Assignment Group

- Exchange rate in case of exports

Also in copy control VTFL at item level, in the VBRK/VBRP field maintain routine 001

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

It's not an invoice split. The same billing document was created twice for one delivery. Eg) The delivery has 3 materials with 10 quantities against all line items. Both the billing documents have all the 3 materials with the 10 quantities.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nadarajah

Some of the checks you may have to carry out are

- in VBFA table giving the delivery reference check what subsequent document reference is showing.

- in item category check what completion rule is maintained

- in VTFL at item category level, what is maintained for the field Pos./neg.quantity. It should have been plus

Also run RSDDCHECK programme once, so that if any inconsistencies in database tables will be updated.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

In VBFA with delivery to be the preceding document I get 2 records(both the invoices). Also the accounting documents, for both invoices, are created and thereby debiting the customer receivables twice with the same value. I do not think this is an inconsistencies so running RSDDCHECK might not help.

The completion rule field is only available in sales document item category config and what we are discussing would be the delivery item category. Does the completion rule come into play between delivery and invoice?

In the copy control between LF and F2 for item category TAN we have the following configuration

Pricing Type = 1 (Customer Reserve)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and effort.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

uday_sunkara3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nadarajah,

Were you able to fix this issue with two invoices created from a same delivery? i have a similar issue of two invoices created from the same delivery and i have the below configuration.

Pricing Type = G (Copy pricing elements unchanged and redetermine taxes)

Can you please let me know the solution if you got a solution to this problem.

Thanks

Regards

Uday

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread indicating what system says in split analysis

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am facing the similar issue. two invoices have been created against single delivery. This happened for the first time. I have only one line item with 10 qty. Two invoices with 10 + 10 qty have been created. How can this be possible. I have checked all the settings of item cat and copy control. Everything looks to be fine.

Please help

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

last reaction was before 2 months

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratheb

----> Delivery Split Parameters

1) Ship To Party

2) Inco Terms

3) Delivery Priority

4) Shipping Point

5) Transportation Group

5) Route

Because of the above parameters delivery can be splitted into multiple invoices .Even though the delivery date is the billing date because So kindly check those parameters because of which delivery split took place

Regards

Srinath