cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oracle blob issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing a hard time with uploading an image with size > 4k to oracle db ..

The native java.sql.blob object does not support the image files greater that 4000 bytes with preparedStatment.setBinaryStream or .setObject

also the .setBlob throws "not supported feature" exception ..

and when I tried to use the native Oracle BLOB object I get a runtime error saying that oracle/sql/BLOB class not found . for this case I tried to create a child DC of type external Library and I included the ojdbc14.jar but with no luck..

I really appreciate your help to resolve this annoying issue ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While adding the jar file to the external DC, also please refer to following blog and check if you are not missing anything:

/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-development-components

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Rajat ,

you pointed me to the right direction to deploy an external jar ..

I really appreciate your help ..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

Please go through the following link:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/Blobfield.aspx

It also says that "The image size may be anything even in GB as the blob field in oracle can store upto 4GB of size".

The complete code is also given. Please check it and try to use it.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try using CLOB instead of BLOB object. It can solve your query.

OR can you compress the image to tif format then also it can be worked out.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat ,

Actually I am using a java.sql.Clob to store large object text and it is working perfectly ..

the issue is with a binary object (image) which is small in size (like 20 kb only) ..

I found that there is a limitation in native java.sql.Bob object in saving files >4KB and the solution is to use oracle.sql.BLOB instead. but the problem here that it is not avalible at runtime on the server ..

any idea ?