Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic for Price Calculation

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

We create an Order for Quantity 10 and save the order with the rate Rs 500/- per unit. After that when I check the table KONV (wrt KNUMV) for that Order the system shows KAWRT (condition base value) as 100, however the final calculated value KWERT is Rs 5000/- (10 * 500).

Now my querry is how this qty. of 10 converted to 100 and why. I know this is standard , but want to know the logic and whether it is controlled somewhere in customising.

Thanks in advance

AA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is standard in SAP.

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The logic is following: the field KAWRT can contain information either about quantity for quantity based conditions -> for quantity you need 3 decimal places or about the value in case of value based conditions -> in this case you need 2 decimal places. The system stores both in the same field that's why for quantity it is 10 times higher than should be because system stores number with 3 decimal palces in field with 2 decimal palces. During calculation there is used floating point arithmetic and the system returns correct value.

Regards,

Marcin

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcin

However if I change the Quantity unit decimel place to 2 (earlier it was 3), still the result is same. So I am not clear about the logic.

Regards

AA

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AA

Another way of calculating the price in decimals is the base unit of measure which we maintain in MMR

So we should also check the decimals of the base UoM that we assign in MMR for the MATNR

IMG - SAP NetWeaver - General Settings - Check Units of Measurement

Regards

Srinath

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri

Thanks for your response. However i have already checked that.

One thing I would like to clarify that I am not facing any error but i want to understand the logic which I put.

Thanks

AA

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AA

When you maintain conditon record in VK11 you will be maintaining the price per Unit . Say you might have maintained material price Rs.500/- per Unit , that means for 1 unit it is Rs.500/- .

Generally the price is calculated by the calculation type of that conditon type in V/06

Regards

Srinath