Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theoretical question about GOA

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I understand that GOA are replicated as operational contracts in R/3 which then can be used to make POs in R/3.

So, this can be used only in classic scenario?

Does it mean that GOA can not be used for doing local purchases in EBP?

Is there any way to do it?

Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The concept and hence the use of GOA and Contracts are different. If you want to use contracts in SRM then why use GOA. Directly create contract in SRM.

GOA is as a functionality is designed basically to create Global Contracts i.e. one contract that can be distributed to multiple backend system. Even if you have a single backend you may use GOA if your contracts are monitored in ECC system.

Ideally the decision about which contracts should be in ECC or SRM should depend upon the Product Categories or Direct / Indirect material.

Regards

Hussain

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Singh,

first of all we need to underline the difference between POs and Contracts. PO and Contract are different document in SRM as in SAP-MM back-end.

The Contract in SRM can be divided in 'Local Contract' and GOA (Global Outline Agreement):

- The 'Local Contract' remains in SRM is a possible source of supply for POs in SRM for Local POs and Extended Classic POs.

- The GOA can be distributed to the back-end and can not be a source of supply in SRM.

There is also a third option that can be controlled by a BADI present in SRM:

With this option you can drive the creation of a contract directly to the back-end without the creation of a contract in SRM. This is possible from the Sourcing Cockpit or from the Bid Invitation after the award of the bid.

This third option can be considered the a 'classic scenario' implementation of the Contracts. In old documents was also documented as a part of process described with the name of 'Sourcing Hub'.

Then the 'classic scenario' definition is historically related to POs. Any other definition of the scenario for other documents as Contracts can not be directly defined as 'Classic or extended' but detailed as i tried to do in this fast reply.

Regards,

Marco