cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDocs from NWAS Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I want to send an IDoc from the NWAS Java to an ABAP system. I have already some experience with the standalone JCo, but it seems not to work as expected on the NWAS Java.

The main problem seems to be, that the build-in JCo (jrfc.jar) is missing the IDoc classes. I tried to deploy the JCo IDoc classes with my application, but the build-in Java Connector is not able to deal with them.

Is there a special trick to send IDocs from NWAS Java or is this simply not possible?

Best regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolution: The used NWAS Java server version can not send IDocs (not supported by SAP). I think this was partially added in a later SPS.

Standalone JCo and NWAS Java JCo are not compatible.

Former Member
0 Kudos
ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

this will help a bit

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Have you checked this blog:

/people/ayyapparaj.kv/blog/2008/11/21/java-to-r3-sending-idocs-using-sapidoc-jar

It may help you.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

the blog explains the example delivered with the standalone version of JCo. To make it work you'll need the additional JCo-IDoc classes which are not included in internal Java Connector of the NWAS Java.

The problem is that from my point of view it's not possible to add the required libraries from the standalone version to the internal version. Or at least there must be a trick or something else...

Best regards,

Markus