Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT Script Download-Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a SECATT script for creating mass users in our development system. It is working fine in the development system.

Now we want to download on our PC desktop & then upload the script in our Production server (instead of Transport). We have made the Prod system as Modifiable & done the relevant client setting to allow change.

When we try to upload the script from desktop to Prod server we still get the message like -

SAP System has status 'not modifiable'.

But the Prod system is open.

Need your help on this. We want to upload the script in Prod server for mass user creation.

Regards,

Sameer

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you transport it?

The client needs to allow modification in SCC4 and SE06 to let you upload the script.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I did that..Went to SCC4 & SE06. The system is Modifiable but I cannot however upload the script.

The error message is coming like - System status is not modifiable

Sameer

0 Kudos

That is strange, I have tried that on one of my test systems and it's fine.

What do your Basis team say?

I would still go for a transport though.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You are right. Transport, I have kept it as a last option.

We do weekly transports, so I was thinking to directly download-upload.

The system is Modifiable but still the same error persists when I try to upload in Prod.

Can you help me out with any other alternatives?

Regards,

Sameer

0 Kudos

Could it have to do with the fact that the client is marked "production"? Just guessing here.....

0 Kudos

Hi

Just a quick suggestion, I remember that it was possible in the SCATT to execute the testscript over a RFC Connection, and I think it's possible with SECATT as well.

By doing so you do not need to transport the script.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem is solved. In SECATT, there are two options wherein we can upload the eCATT script. I was trying only the first one and it was not working but the second one (In Utilities) works.

Thanks all for your help & suggestions.

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.