cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTA - Can someone explain in detail what it is?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just in the process of starting our GRC Access Controls implmentation and need to do some research and before anyone suggests i search the forum for other posts, I have!

RTA shows up in many posts and I have spent time reading many of them but I still cannot find a nice simple explanation as to what it is and an installation guide.

I understand that RTA (Real Time Agent) is required for a GRC installation so that data that needs to be extracted from a connected system can be read and transferred to GRC. This part I get but there is very little documentation concerning it. All the GRC documentation says you must have it in place but little else.

Is it an ABAP(s) that is installed as an Add On via SAINT?

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Please, refer to notes:

Note 1128727 - Guide to install GRC Access Control Support Packages

Note 1086823 - GRC Access Control: When to use the VIRSA, NH or HR RTA

For the different RTA Support Packages you have to execute transaction SAINT

Best regards,

Imanol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

RTA is a set of ABAP programs that contain the functionality required to make SAP GRC Access Control applications (RAR, CUP, RM etc) work. Such programs / functions are called from the Java side through JCO (Java Connector) and the return values are send back from the ABAP side to the Java side.

Execution flow of a RTA function:

- User execute certain functionality from Java side to the ABAP side using JCO connection

- Request is sent to the ABAP system with the appropriate parameters

- Specific RTA function is executed based on request

- Function results are send back to the Java Side (most of the times results data are stored within RAR tables under Java DB)

As an example, in Risk Analysis and Remediation (RAR) there is a functionality in the Java side (web based) called Org. User Mapping. Such functionality is related with the organizational values related to certain user. If you execute such functionality from the Java side, the function /VIRSA/ZCC_GET_ORGLVL_FOR_USER is called with the parameters entered in the RAR application. When such function ends, results are retrieve back to the Java side being stored within VIRSA_CC_ORGUSERS table.

In summary, RTA is a set of ABAP functions that provides to the Java applications (RAR, CUP, RM etc) all the functionality required.

Hope it helps. Best regards,

Imanol

0 Kudos

Hi Imanol,

thanks for the reply. It is the type of info I was looking for. One final thing, is/are the ABAPs installed via SAINT as an add on?

Thanks,

Mark