cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a JAVA system into Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've recently added a standalone JAVA instance (No ABAP) into our Test setup. I can see the JAVA system (EDJ) in the SLD and I can see it in SMSY under System Components > Java-System, but this doesn't help me when I need to see it under Systems.

My main issue here is that I'd like to download Support Stacks for EDJ and when going via DSWP I can't select EDJ from the list because it's not listed under Systems in SMSY.

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me out 😛

Many Thanks in advance for any info

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have add the SYSTEM or assign it as relevant to another already available system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I could add it manually, but this doesn't really help when the rest of my systems are driven and updated by the SLD.

I can see the system under System Components > Java-System (which was added via the SLD), but I need to have it under Systems so that it will make downloading stack and packs easier.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Yes I could add it manually, but this doesn't really help when the rest of my systems are driven and updated by the SLD.

No - not ADD it but ASSIGN it.

> I can see the system under System Components > Java-System (which was added via the SLD), but I need to have it under Systems so that it will make downloading stack and packs easier.

- open the relevant ABAP system under SYSTEMS

- change to "change" mode

- select for the relevant Java system (e. g. Enterprise Portal core) "Relevant" and "System component assignment"

- select the system component

- select "Java"

Then you can download both SPs for ABAP + Java at the same time.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

This new system EDJ is Java only ... would this work?