cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arabic application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want develop a webdynpro application which should support arabic and english.I gone through the tutorial for internalization.But it only talks aboiut the displaying textx in different lanaguages.But i have to design an application where I should allow the users to enter data in arabic in input field.

How to go ahead?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh.

I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can you please share what was the solution that worked?

Thanks in Advance.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I could not find any straight forward solution for your scenario. Now you can do 1 thing:

1) Ask the user initially whether he wants to enter in English or Arabic(Can be a Radiobutton).

2) If user clicks English scenario is simple and you know what to do with it.

3) If user clicks Arabic then call the JSP which has Converter for Arabic to English and then 1 by 1 you can populate your input fields.

Just give it a try if you do not get anything.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not good at JSPs can you please let me know what is the convertere you are saying and how to do this?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I do not know what are your specific requirements but internationalization of the application won't help you for getting the input from user in Arabic language. Either you can use the drop downs from which user has to select his input then that can be internationalized.

OR the other workaround can be you can embed a JSPage which call a converter to convert the text from Arabic to English and then enter the same in the input field of the application.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I will explain my requiremet.I want to develop an application which will have just four input textedit fileds.But most of my users are arabic ans some are neglish .The application should allow them to type in arabic which will be saved in a backend Ztable.

How to do this?

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh