cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASPx pages in SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a bunch of ASPx pages which fetch and store data onto an SQL server database. These pages are rendered via a Microsoft IIS. The authentication of the users is done against a Windows Active Directory.

Is it possible to integrate the ASPx pages in a SAP Portal (NW2004s 7.0) without any specific changes to the ASPx code?

How can I guarantee that the SAP Portal logged user is transversal to the ASPx pages? SSO is not supported by these ASPx pages, they use session variables to control if the user is logged in.

Does anyone have an insight on this?

Thanks a lot.

Antonio Caldas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can insert a aspx page in a iframe see : [http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.asp|http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_iframe.asp]

But normaly the best way is to develop a webservice in your IIS .net server, and invoke them from a netweaver Webdynpro iview (you develop a form with WebDynPro)....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for your answer.

So for each one of the ASPx pages, which have different goals, I would have a Web Service?

How would I handle the authentication issue? The idea is that the user would only logon once in the SAP portal.

What exactly do you mean by developing a form in Web Dynpro?

Thanks again

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Webdynpro is a kind of tool to develop iView on Netweaver Portal based o n JAVA ou ABAP. Actually ABAP WebDynpro is better. WebDynpro is a wysiwyg MVC tool to develop web component. With it you're able to develop what you need and also invokes external web services...

Regarding the PDK.net I didn't like it....I tried but ...

Regarding iframe, the problem is about the authentification. You need to add something as a key in your URL as ?user=jeromefortrias&key=iouyighhhgsdtzybdzj.... etc... because an iframe is a integration done on the client (Internet Browser)....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

Thanks again for your reply. I know Web Dynpro , my question was related to ypur statement mentioning the "form", which wasn't clear for me.

The Web Services approach seems good to me, even though it will imply changes in the ASPx side, which is not desirable. But that will be a trade-off.

As for the iFrame approach (as the URL iViews), I don't think it is feasible because once the user logs on the SAP Portal, there is no access from the client side to the user/password - I guess it'll be encrypted for the SSO session.

Many thanks again for your feedback,

Best regards.

Antonio Caldas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

One last question: using the Web Services apporach, how would you handle the authentication so that the users would only have to logon once in the SAP Portal?

Can you please detail how you would SSO in this case?

Thanks again

Antonio

Former Member
0 Kudos

SSO in this case ? Too complex to explain in detail... But you can hardcode a password + login on a SAP ZTABLE and use them to set your authentification from Netweaver to ASPX. An other solution is to have no authentification but assume the security using system network security (IP, Domain, etc...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerome,

Thanks again for your reply.

I've managed to define a solution which will include a Java Servlet that will be responsilble to act as middleware between the SAP portal and the ASPx page. Basically, I will capture the user logon info and pass it on to the aspx page, validating the Login. Since both the aspx and the SAP Portal are using the A.D. as the UME, there will be a match on the credentials.

Many thanks again,

Antonio Caldas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Antonio,

Fully integrated .NET Portal content can be developed using PDK for .NET. You cannot integrate an existing ASPX as is, but you can reuse it's code. You will find tips for reusing in this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4744] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

You can enhance your existing applications by converting them to the portal applications, taking advantage of portal built-in services and mechanisms such as single sign-on, user management, role-based security, object-based navigation and system landscape, which you can access with the API provided by PDK for .NET, as well as SAP NetWeaver .NET controls, which automatically acquire the uniform portal look and feel.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Antonio Caldas