Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item level Workflow Hold..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am working an item-level SC workflow

( WS14500015 ). i would like to know is there any way to hold the last step which in workflow template is using for create follow on document in backend system, until i will recieve some text data from thrid party system and needs to be restarting again the particular step which i hold after i recieved the text data from third party system.

give some hints to fix.

regards,

john.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

"workflow oriented" idea :

extend object bus2121 to add a new event like "third party update".

In the final workflow WS10400051, insert a wait step for the event "third party update" just before the task TS10007991 "Set SC status to 'Released'".

Generate the event "third party update" for the shopping cart when receiving your text data with function like SWE_EVENT_CREATE.

This should work.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pierre,

thank you,

but i am using WS14500015 which is standard workflow and SAP said don't modify that workflow and don't copy , then how can i add new step type.

according to your reply can you give me some hints how to

<b>Generate the event "third party update" for the shopping cart when receiving your text data with function like SWE_EVENT_CREATE.</b>

give me some more breif explaination.

thank you,

regards,

john.

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

No change is needed in WS14500015.

WS10400051 is the final processing sub-workflow used by all standard workflows in SRM. Navigate through workflow builder, you'll find it is called in the line item app workflow: it's the final proccessing. Depending on the approval status of the SC, it updates its status and follow on document are created.

To work safely, first generate a new version for this workflow (WS10400051) before any change.

Idea is to extend bus2121: create a subobject and activate delegation, define a new event on sub object.

In wf definition, insert a event waiting step linked to the SC number and new event just before the task "set release status".

I guess that receiving the third party text is made in specific. Use the function module swe_event_create to genrate the new event of object bus2121 for the concerned shopping cart.

when this event will be generated, the final processing workflow will continue.

Hope it helps,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pierre,

thanks for your hints.

as per you answer , i have to create subtype of bus2121 and create new event ( say for example 'WAIT' ) in the subtype and add the event 'WAIT' into BEFORE THE TASK 'SET RELEASE STATUS' AS a wait for event. but my clarification is how to raise the custom event. i mean how can write function module 'SWE_EVENT_CREATE' into 'WAIT' event.

as per my understand we can't write any coding inside the event then how can i write function module 'SWE_EVENT_CREATE' inside the custom event 'WAIT' ?

do you mean i need to create new custom method for raise the event?

please correct if i wrong.

regards,

john.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>i have written SWE_EVENT_CREATE function module inside of the custom method 'CHANGE STATUS' but it doesn't trigger the event 'WAIT'.

give me some hints please for trigger WAIT FOR EVENT step type.</b>

Regards,

john.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please give me some more hints to trigger "third party update" event.

basic how events gets call when i receive data from third party system because , we can't write any coding inside events. we can write coding in method only. you mean i have call the function module 'SWE_EVENT_CREATE' in my method once i recieve text from third party system.

if you have any help link which will give some sample example , how to use 'wait for event' that will help me very lot.

please give me how to some hints.

regards,

john.

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't really understand how you want to build your application. But basic way to generate an event is to use this function or a one with a similar name (some other exist for update task, etc.) Just check the where use list to see how calling it. The event is generally generated at the next commit work.

You also can use other method to generate event like using change pointers, message control. Go through workflow menu (SWLD)definition tool--> event --> event creation. You probably find there some new idea and more documentation.

Rgds,

Pierre