cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I am getting this error when running my custom app from the portal.

Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical System: WD_MODELDATA_DEST - Model: class com.edc.hr.vacation.model.ZEVACATIONGROUP. Please assure that you have configured the RFC connections and/or logical system name properly for this model!

But strange is that this error is intermittent for the same user

Why does my app display this message?

Please advice. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Briger,

Check the JCo Pool Configuration settings of your JCO Destination. This message normally comes when the maximum connections has been reached. Increase the "Maximum Connections" to some number depending on the usage. A good habit is to disconnect the jco connection after executing the same in your webdynpro code if you don't want it to be synchronous.

<ModelName>.modelInstance().disconnectIfAlive()

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Iam also getting same error .

please help me to resolve this .

Thanks

kumar

0 Kudos

Even though this is an old post, I thought I would try to help others who research this same problem. I have found a lot of posts telling developers to rebuild their models, make sure they are closing connections, etc. These are good things to ensure are done properly but they are not the easiest troubleshooting steps. I recommend first making sure your JCo Connections work using a test connection after mapping the Meta-Data and Model-Data. If they work, you should not have any issues in your code and if you are using an adaptive RFC the framework should open and close the connection for you.

In my experience, an intermittent error like this has been caused by a SAP Logon Ticket being reused from another system and not being accepted in R/3. Unfortunately, you get somewhat of a false message indicating the problem is with the model and really this is a generic error message in WebDynpro telling you it couldn't make a connection. The example for this is you go to your production portal (get a logon ticket) and then navigate to your dev portal and test (reusing your prod ticket)...in dev R/3 this will not work unless your prod cert is accepted in your dev R/3 instance. If this is yoru problem you can validate by closing all browsers, open a new window (not to any WAS servers) and go directly to the dev WebDynpro, then you would see it work.

Another problem we found that produces this generic message is users having their password expired and not actually having a valid/active SAP login in the R/3 system. Check these first, before going down code trails of rebuilding models.

In your coding of the controller I do recommend throwing in the statements to try and close a connection if it is still alive (unless you are creating your own JCO connections, then you won't ever see this get executed, but it is a good extra precaution for those who are paranoid).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sean

We were facing this problem and the reason was Portal user did not exist in R/3 system.

But we are not happy with this solution... because we do not want to create R/3 users for all Portal users: we would like to map Portal users with an R/3 technical user, in a similar way it is done to access backend systems.

Do you think it is possible? If yes, how?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos

Just saw your post, so I am hoping you have already found a solution. I am not sure how you can accomplish this via user mapping for a webdynpro unless you create your own jco connections. However, you could force the webdynpro in the modeldata configuration of the JCO to use a service account. You could then do any auth checks, etc. from fields passed in your RFC.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a generic error. I too faced this.

One of teh reason was the ABAP developer made changes to the RFC. Now we have to reimport the model in which we had implemented this RFC as a ARFC one.

Second- I found this could be also due to the Jco connection failure. the user defined in the jco connection might be loced out in the SAP side. In this case find out the user used from the JCO connection details(jco -edit). then unlcok the user from SAP.