cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEDEX / UPS real-time interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

did any one worked with real-time interface to FEDEX/UPS using XI ?

any input greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi

My company specializes on multi carrier shipping solutions. We have an interfacing white paper if you are interested.

Before using the interfaces described above you need to consider the following attributes about your shipping. The thing is the carriers systems have both legal licensing restrictions, performance issues and compliance issues that you need to consider.

- Do you need to rate compare between carriers. ( This is a legal issue with the on-line services ).

- What modes of transport are you going to ship. Is it all parcel or are there some freight ( not all the services are available through the API's ).

- What volume? ( this is key.. the on-line carrier API's are designed for a couple of hundred parcels per day max ).

- How often does you company change carriers? ( each carrier is constantly changing and there is no interface standard in the industry ).

If you want to chat more please feel free to call me on 508.787.1842. I would also be happy to e-mail you interfacing white papers if thats of interest. matthew.buskell@kewill.com

Good Luck

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

We have SAP Enterprise Centralized Multi-Carrier Shipping (ECS) without

SAP XSI middleware and XI.

We have a very simple and proven solution real-time Interface with the FedEx and UPS server.

End-to-End Multi-Carrier Shipping solution will be implemented within 1 week.

<b><u>We implement in SAP customer development and quality system for free of cost.</u></b>

<b><u>If you like you can buy it..</u></b>

You can call kumar : +1 408 836 7074 / kumar@processweaver.com

Thanks,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any one dealt with FEDEX / UPS real-time interface requirement ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I doubt there is a standard adapter available to interface with usps/fedex. If USPS provides a HTTP interfacing mechanism, then u can try using the HTTP adapter. If there are 3rd party libraries provided by USPS (assuming they are Java APIs), you can deploy them onto WAS and access USPS interfaces using Java Proxies.

Can you give some more details on the interfacing options available ? From USPS website i could gather some info that you can interface using their HTTP DLL or VB code, but if it is java enabled , then you can explore Java Proxies

Regards

Saravana

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please go thru the following link and see if that can be of any help to you.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/nw/a-c/creating a comprehensive collaborative platform with sap netweaver, part ii.pdf

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I worked on FedEx and UPS real-time interface.

Thanks,

Prasad