cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TESTING OF WATER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My client test water once a day,for different parameters,sample of water is collected from five different points and each of which is tested.can i map the above scenario by 1) creating material master : Water

2) assign inspection type 89 in the Q.M view

3) creating inspection plan and Assign the required parameters as M.I.Cs in the inspection plan

3) manual creating inspection lot

Please let me know if i am on right track

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram

Yes, what you descibe is the correct procedure for setting up such a scenario.

Normally water is created as material type PIPE (pipeline material). If so, you will have to assign this materialtype to tasklist type Q in the configuration. The description of the points from where the water samples are taken, you should fill in in the "short text" field in Inspection Lot. There are a lot of nice functionality on this field, regarding searching, printouts etc.

Good luck

Regards

Jan Erik

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Dear Ram,

there is another way of water testing.

create water as non valuated material & assign 15 Inspection type in material master.

Create an inspection plan of usage 9 and inspection point 200

then create the physical samples of specific quantity from the specific location or functional location (created by PM).

Then Create the inspection lot (15 Origin) of this physical sample

now record the results & Ud & Take the Report of this

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANSWER FOUND SATISFATORY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramkumar

My advice is

1. To create point wise equipment through IE01...

2. Maintaine general task list for all the water point thrugh IA05..

3. Create Maintenance plan for each point through IP42

3. Schedule all the plan as per frequency through IP10

AYK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

I have the same scenario at my place.

I activated 05 Inspection Type, maintained 3 Tasklists in Inspection Plan, At the start of shift the Power Users /Lab Techs creates a Manual Inspection Lot & manually select the Tasklist relevant. In my case we only have 3 types of tests so maintained only 3 tasklists,

If you like you can follow the same process by maintaining 5 tasklists.

Regards

AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Happy New year, I think u rember me, Let us come to ur Point.

What are all the actvity you adpated is good and also the suggestion given also hold good.

Depending upon the scenario, u can create the material as valuvated or Non Valuvated If Water may be used in large number (Process Indsutry) In that case u need to be valvated or Pipline line Materials only, since you paying Water cess.

You discuss with MM AND PP Guy and decide how the Materil type would be and process the other things, You can incorporte the Inspection Points in the Inspection plan (Such as 150 as free Inspection ) and also insampling Plan. So that you can record the all 5 points details and can be brought to your report if needed using the SQVI)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Ram

1 ) Create a sampling procedure with Free inspection point selected in it

2) Create an inspection for the testing, add inspection point in the header

3) Ypu can maintain any freely defined inspection point(120 , 150 etc) . you can give an identification according to youe need. this can be done in customisation. SPRO> QM> Quality PLanning > Inspection planning > Define identifier for inspection point> Select the inspection point you would like to choose> go to Field> you can put the identification as per your need.

Note make sure that in Function module tab under Automatic creation of insp. points you maintian this FM QAPP_CUST_IP_CREATE ( Already maintian in 150 inspection point by SAP)

4) in inspection plan operation click on the QM contol key ( eg QM04) go to Quality Management view and maintain the relation ship ( it can be quantity wise or time wise otherwise maintain no relation)

5) when lot is created while result recording u will get a pop up for putting the inspection point identifier

Please let me know your feedback

Regrds

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

thanks for your valuable inputs,It will be valuble in my project,I am in stage of preparing the Blue print,If during customizing i face any problem i will get back to you'll.i am rewarding points to all those who given inputs

Thanks in advance

Ram

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

You are right. If you do not have any trigger for inspection then 89 is the only option.

One more suggestion , Use inspection point so that you can input the result seperately for all the 5 different points with identification. This will help you in better analysis.

Let me know your feedback

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

Thanks for the reply,please let know the steps for setting up of inspection points in this scenario.

Regards

Ram