cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Alert configuration done but report is not generated

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have setup the EWA congiguration for a Solman 7.0 , i executed rtcctool and implemented addons now everything is seen in green , also activated SDCCN and checked for all RFC ...everything is working fine .i saw two tasks service preparation check and maintenance check and executed them properly i also created a solution in DSWP and activated EWA for that solution . I followed the EWA tutor available at service marketplace properly but still when i create a early wath alert in opertaions in DSWP in solman , i see this waiting symbol and dont get any report in return , even after refreshing session am not gettin it here in DSWP. Please help me out and suggest some solution.

I did this setup to get EWA report of Solman system in that system itself , i mean i want report of solman system in it , i am not using any satellite system here, is this possible to do so . Please guide me .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Do you see any error in the job log of the task on sdccn?

Is the SDCCN active? Initialize SDCCN locally via Utilities ->Activate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

David ......i refreshed the service definitions and i ran service preperation check and maintenace package , both were ok after that i went to DSWP in operations(inside early watch alert Tab) and i created a new service named "SAP early watch Alert " i selected my solman system while creating this service but service is in Waiting process in DSWP in operations , sign is not of blue bottle or Red flag but the wait Sign that we usually get and when i click on it it says "The session is waiting for data from a remote system. Data transfer can take up to one day." it also gives steps to start it manually by going to SDCCN and creating task "Refresh Session" i also followed that process using "None" Rfc but still in DSWP in opertaion its in Wait and still same message inside it "The session is waiting for data from a remote system. Data transfer can take up to one day."

Please help me out in resolving it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

it may be then that the service definitions on the satellite system are incorrect/old/missing. Can you for example compare the number of entries in table bdl2trans in solution manager and in the satellite? Each entry also has a time/date stamp, can you compare them to see if perhaps any entries in the satellite are old?

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried it with "None" RFC i mean refresh session task but still i see that sign "waiting" in front of EWA report in DSWP in Solman . Is it possible to generate EWA report for Solman in Solman itself ..???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

when you say "waiting in process", does that mean you see the small blue bottle icon, or the red flag icon?

Did you delete and replace the service definitions on the system? If so, you should probably create a new EWA session for the Solution Manager and create another refresh sessions task.

It's entirely possible to set up EWA for Solution Manager itself.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

David ...thanks !! i did what you suggested but still its not working in DSWP i still see that EWA alert in waiting process ..when i refresh session with "None" then also i see that waiting sign there in front of reoprt in DSWP in solman . Please suggest something else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I would add NONE as an RFC destination in SDCCN in the Solution Manager and then run another refresh sessions task (selecting NONE as destination to check) to see if an EWA session appears.

If not, then I would suspect that there's a problem with the service definitions. (A problem with the service defintions can prevent the Solution Manager from creating sessions correctly.) It might be worth deleting and replacing the service definitions, note 727998 describes how to do it.

best regards,

-David.