cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column length too long error in xml parser

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am doing a scenario on IDOC to File(using FCC).

my idoc contains a header node which will have several item nodes. for each item node, one flat file has to be generated at the target.

the file name should be dynamic. for this i have used a UDF. in messgae mapping i am getting multiple nodes successfully.

but when i post through server i am getting the following error:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Column value 'host0015.dat' too long (>1 for 0. column) - must stop', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)': java.lang.Exception: Exception in XML Parser (format problem?):'java.lang.Exception: Message processing failed in XML parser: 'java.lang.Exception: Column value 'host0015.dat' too long (>1 for 0. column) - must stop', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'

can any one suggest me what am i suppose to do. are we suppose to add any parameters in FCC to handle such conditions??

Regards

Deepika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

If you are using the File contenet Conversion in the Receiver File adapter you have to check the mentioned field length.

I think the value of the field and the lenght you mentioned in the FCC is different so that you are getting that type of error.

Regards

Goli Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note: I am not using Variable substitution