cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Catalogue connectivity problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All Experts,

I am not able to connect to the Repository using the Master UserID and it is having the roles of UI Config Manager roles. But this situation is not same all the time. Sometime i am able to connect with the same user id and password some time i am not. I am confused what could be the reason for that.

Whether it is related to some Server issue or repository issue. For your reference, i have just checked and the MDM Server is running fine as well as repository is loaded and running fine and i was able to login using my user id and password.

We are using a DBMS Serever where the MDM server is located/mounted. And that also is working fine. I have checked that on OS level using our Basis Team.

Can somebody please tell me the what could be the reason as the system is live and is affecting the bussiness and is on priority.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer note no 1077701.

Try connecting to server and repository thru Telnet as suggested above using cmd prompt.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ CHARLES:

I am trying to connect to the Repository through JAVA API. I am able to login into the same SERVER through console using same USER ID and password but anot able to connect using JAVA API..which is used for UI Config Managenet.

I am not aware about this TELNET functionality. Should i use it in CLIX?

We are not having any monitoring softwares on the server. Can you please tell how does it help so that in near future, we can configure them.

Regards:

Gaurav Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Telnet is a tool that allows you to connect to another computer on its base tcp-ip port. In other words you can connect to the server machines repository port to see if you can connect without any issues. This bypasses any client software and tests the connectivity between machines. Clix is also a great way of testing, but difficult if you do not know the syntax.

I will send the documents or links as soon as I can get access to them.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Simona:

Hi Simona,

I am using the JAVA API for connecting to the server which is used for UI Configuration Management. A URL is used for that.

Also i am not aware how to find out the parameter where timeout period/Number of attempts acceptable from 1 user. Could it be related to the Space problem like there is little space available on Oracle/DBMS Server where the MDM Servers/Repositories are located. Or should restart of MDM Server will solve the purpose?

Also as we are using the Remote machines which is Citrix Based not windows based. So we have encountered some difficulties related to mounting/loading the repository. Can you please tell me that when we restart the Server, the repository remains mounted and running or does it gets stopped and we have to load it again?

Is there any table kind of thing which needs to be refreshed at OS level?

Regards:

Gaurav Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Please can you give more detail on what the errors are when you try and connect and it fails. Also when the connection fails are you taking about the Console or one of the other GUI tools (Data Manager, etc.)

When you do get a connection error, can you ping the server. If so, please try and telnet to the server on port 20005. In other words from a command prompt type in:

telnet <servername> 20005

this should give you a telnet with a blank screen.

Also try and telnet to the repository on its repository port, this should also give you a blank screen but successful login.

The other question is, do you have the monitoring software (SolMan and Wily) up and running on the server. This should also aid in diagnosing connectivity problems.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Are you trying to connect to the MDM repository through the MDM clients or through a Web front end.?

In case you are trying to do so using a front end.Just check to see if there is any parameter that determines the timeout period or number of attempts to be allowed by an user which needs to be set.

Because if all your MDM system is up and running and it is allowing you to connect one time and not the other time.Then either your system is going down unexpectedly periodically or it could be due to teh above mentioned problem.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto