cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Tag HEADER found instead of tag IDOC BEGIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently working on a File to IDOC scenario, wherein an external xml file will be read from an FTP server & an IDOC will be generated on the SAPECC6 system, i have done all the mapping between the external definition & the IDOC structure, also the file is getting picked from the FTP server, but in SXMB_MONI transaction i am getting an error 'Tag HEADER found instead of tag IDOC BEGIN' , moreover no data is shown in the Payloads, i have tested the mapping using the xml file data & it works fine, what should be the problem, please help...

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks a lot, i uploaded thje metadata, then again i looked at the mapping, everything seems to be fine, just one doubt if i disable a field which is a required one then is there should be a problem???, following is my IDOC structure which i have imported :-

Z_HRMD_A07

E1PLOGI

E1PTYP

E1P0000

E1P0001

E1P0002

E1P0003

E1P0007

E1P0315

I am still not able to simulate why its not working???Any other solution???

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Your IDOC is not having the IDOC node... IDOC->Begin.. check my post as shown above.

just one doubt if i disable a field which is a required one then is there should be a problem??

You can disable the complete nodes which are not required. "Required" i m taking as occurrence.

If the Target field is required in target system you can't disable it.

Regards,

Sachin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDOC BEGIN is only for control records, it is not for data holding,

map the data items with other segments and fields.

Check, IDOC matadata has been uploaded in IDX2.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your suggestion, but the thing is that i just want to post single data & also i checked the blog & there i checked the occurrences for the IDOC Structure (single data), its 1..1 & mine is also the same, but still i am facing the problem, is there any other reason behind it???? Please Help...

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Cross check your mapping.. Have you mapped all the required fields on target side.

and cross check with my wiki post

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/fileToIDOC&

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Are you going to post multiple data into the Idoc or singile data?

If you want to post the multiple data you need to change the occurance of the Idoc.

Try with single record to post the data. Check whether it is working or not.

Try with the following blog.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2762. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards

Goli Sridhar