cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM is not exploding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum Colleagues

I have created a BOM as part of Variant configuration(VC). Concern is, BOM is not getting exploded in sales order. Please suggest.

Scenario is

As part of VC, I have set of class, characteristics in place along with the corresponding values, when I enter the material in order, as per the usual behavior system prompts me the "Classification" screen to choose values. Once I do the required selection, the BOM should ideally explode which is not happening.In addition, all the dependencies are at BOM level.

Example is: Desktop as header material and keyboard,mouse etc are sub items.

Just for the knowledge, there are similar variant configuration available in system and they seem to be working fine. So i do not see any issue with respect to configuration settings i.e item categories...etc.

Pls. suggest.

Thanks

Kalpesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpesh,

As an example, I believe you have created a BOM material (i.e Computer) and assigned all the relevant Item material to be exploded (i.e. Keyboard, monitor, mouse etc.).

Pls check the following:-

1. Check in CS03 and ensure that the BOM materials in the Materials tab are still valid (i.e. not expired).

2. For ALL the item (including the subitem of an item) materials has been extended to the desired Plant and Sales Org. You need to ensure that all Item (keyboard, mouse, monitor etc) assigned under this BOM Material (Computer) has been extended in the Material master. If not, extend using MM01.

3. Finally, check in CS09 if the Plant Assignment of the BOM material to Plant has been completed. The Plant has to be the same Plant extended in Material Master for this BOM material. If not, create in CS07 with BOM Indicator "5".

After the above checking, the BOM material should explode in the SO.

Hope this helps.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done your configuration in your item category also to explode in sales order.

Just check in VOV7 to check the setting for the BOM.

Give structure scope B and application SD01

Then try again to create your sales order.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum Colleagues

Let me know if you need more details to understand this issue. Your guidance would certainly help me to move futher.

Thanks

Kalpesh