cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine details in NWDS Version: 7.0.13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone pls let me know what do i need to enter in Windows->Preferences->J2EE Engine in NWDS?

I do not have a local J2EE engine.

Where from do i get the J2EE engine details? I got something from my system administrator and when i input it, the J2EE Engine tab is not showing anything under "Remote Engine".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You can not find the host name, it will be given to you either by the administrator or the Basis team. Basically its either the IP or the computer name on which the server is installed. You need to identify the machine where the server is installed.

Have you worked on Enterprise Portal? If yes then you can take the hostname from the url to the portal.

Once you are done with the configuration, you will also need SDM Password to deploy webdynpro or portal application.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Solved the issue. I have assigned the points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

This is what you need to enter in Windows->Preferences->J2EE Engine :

1) Check SAP J2EE engine is installed on remote host Radio Button.

2) Then enter the host name which is the system name where the server is installed.

3) Enter the port number which will be of the form 390x (where x is the number).

Then click on apply and then ok.

Now when you click on J2EE engine tab, there is a button for refresh just before the exit button, on the frame of J2EE engine window(Click it). If the host name and port number are correct then it will show the SDM, Dispatcher and Server in green color.

A workaroun is there if you do not know the port number--> try from 3900 to 3909 and follow the above mentioned procedure.

This may help you.

Regards.

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you tell me how do i find out the host name that needs to be entered.