cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a sandbox landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

We have a windows NW04 Portal landscape and are planning to upgrade it. In order to build a sandbox landscape which we shall be used to run a test upgrade, we took a image of the development portal backend, frontend, ITS server and R/3. Once these images were copied over to newer windows servers (except R3 which is AIX), we began changing the hostnames on profiles, parameter files, environment variables etc.

Issue:

- Message Server refuses to start. In the logs I see that it is trying to start with START_SCS01_<OLDHOSTNAME> instead of START_SCS01_<NEWHOSTNAME> and so is sapcpe too. I have checked all the profiles in the directory and all the instances of oldhostname are already changed to newer hostname. The environment variables and the registry has been modified too however no luck.

Has anyone encountered similar issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you shoulded have done a homogeneos system copy instead of just loading the image in the new hosts as basically you are doing hardware migration.... you'll find lots of problems by trying to change all parameter/setting manually.

I'm afraid i have nothing really useful to add.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case I do the Homogenous system copy from scratch for Portal Backend which holds the Oracle Database, what will happen to frontends? I guess they will have to be rebuilt right?

and finally ITS image will have to be linked to this homogenous system copied servers?

Thanks

Amit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case I do the Homogenous system copy from scratch for Portal Backend which holds the Oracle Database, what will happen to frontends? I guess they will have to be rebuilt right?

I'm not sure I understood your question... but if you do a Homegeneous system copy then the frontend will be installed via sapinst... and you can either use the same SID or a different one.

and finally ITS image will have to be linked to this homogenous system copied servers?

If its integrated ITS then all changes will be included in the Homogeneous system copy.. if not just install standalone ITS in the new host and link it to the new systems

Please correct me if im wrong

Regards

Juan