cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sessions for invoice processing

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! We have a user who receives multiple invoice approval emails and will click on the log on link on each email to review and approve the invoice in SRM. When he clicks on the log on link, the system will open a new SRM window whereby he will log on and the system will bring him straight to the correct invoice (due to the workflow item details on the logon link). Now, this user wants to be able to do the review in one go for all of the invoice emails he receives, so he usually ends up between 10-20 session windows open in one go. Then, he encounters problem when one of the windows refreshes and will kick the current screen out and brings him to the invoice list screen (rather than the screen displaying the details of the particular invoice). This rarely happens if there are less windows opened at the same time.

I have advised the user to limit the number of windows he opens but would like to find out whether SRM can handle multiple window sessions such as this scenario well. I have checked OSS notes but could not find anything that would help.

Appreciate your comments on the above.

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Propose to minimise number of sessions opened.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not just use the approval inbox if using ITS based SRM or the Universal worklist if using portal based approvals instead of having to go through each email - just instruct them to login each day and approve the items from inbox directly?

Also - it is not wise to open so many sessions at once for performance reasons.

Regards,

Jason

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using programs RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP or RSWUWFMLEC for sending mails, then there is an option of sending one email per user for all workitems. You can explore this option to reduce login sessions for approval.

Regards,

Sanjeev

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have suggested that to the business but they would like to have one email for each invoice and would like to open multiple sessions.

Anyway, the business has been advised to minimise the number of open sessions.

Thanks!

Sf