cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Regarding connecting to MDM Server and SRM System using JAVA API

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having some problem regarding the connectivity of MDM Server with SRM using JAVA API. Below is the detailed problem.

We are using a Server XXXXX for SRM MDM and Server XXXXX for MDA MDM which are located on a common DBMS Server named as ZZZZ. We are using JAVA API for UI Configuration Management like we are pasting the URL directly into Internet Explorer which is : http://XXXXXX.xx-xxxxxx.xx:12345/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM

Initially we were able to login into that but now it is behaving in an unexpected manner like some time i am able to login using the Same User ID and password. Like in the morning when i tried to connect, i was able to do that but just after 5 mins i was not able and it was repeated whole day.

I am confused like what could be the reason for that as DBMS Server, MDM Server as well as Repository is working fine. I have checked that constantly whole day and i was able to login/logout and to perform operations as needed in the Console/Data Manager.

As and when user wants to connect to Shopping Catalogues, he just enters the URL and then background process starts and it fetches the User ID and Password from the SRM where it has been stored but now they are getting the login screen and when they are using the User ID and Password provided, its showing Login Failed.

Please assist urgently so that i can check with the same as this issue is on priority.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Regularly, when user and password is requested for accesing the catalog from SRM, it means that you are missing a configuration in the web service at SRM side. Make sure the connectivity password in SRM is correctly configured by entering to the SPRO transaction (SRM Server -> Master Data -> Web Service configuration). Check that the webservice you are using does have, the correct information for server, URL, user and password.

You also need to make sure the repository with the is up and running.

I hope this helps,

Alejandra