Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Security - Variable Prompts in Bex Analyser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created some config and dev roles in BI as we are going through the process of removing SAP_ALL. The problem I have is that the testing reveals no variable prompt when running the queries. I assume I am missing an object somewhere in the role. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dawn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dawn,

The problem of the variable screen not appearing (especially when using BEX Analyzer) usually occurs, when you have authorization to run the reports but lack the authorization for the Info provider on which the report is based.

I guess you are using BI 7.0. If so, BI 7.0 uses the concept of analysis authorizations. The object

S_RS_AUTH holds the analysis authorizations. Make sure that the SAP standard info object 0TCTIPROV is available and that all the info provider values are included in an analysis authorization. This Analysis authorization should be inserted into the S_RS_AUTH object as a value. The object itself should be available to the user through a role.

Regards,

Prashant

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

please tell me how are you running query

1. through portal

2. though rsrt ?

if its rsrt, choose query dispaly as HTML & type "variable_screen=x" in editor and then execute the query.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Hes trying to run through the portal. Hes basically in the test system trying to establish why he cant see the variable prompt when he runs a query that has one. I think there is an object missing I just dont know which one or how to find it?

Thanks

Dawn

0 Kudos

if its from portal then in somewhere in Iview you have to use "&variable_screen ", then it will prompt the Variable screen.

1st try to execute the report from backend using query dispaly as "html" ,if it is asking vraible input in backend then It must show variable input screen on portal also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dawn,

The problem of the variable screen not appearing (especially when using BEX Analyzer) usually occurs, when you have authorization to run the reports but lack the authorization for the Info provider on which the report is based.

I guess you are using BI 7.0. If so, BI 7.0 uses the concept of analysis authorizations. The object

S_RS_AUTH holds the analysis authorizations. Make sure that the SAP standard info object 0TCTIPROV is available and that all the info provider values are included in an analysis authorization. This Analysis authorization should be inserted into the S_RS_AUTH object as a value. The object itself should be available to the user through a role.

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Correction... the infoObject is 0TCAIPROV

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant, That will be why it didnt work. I'm just having it retested now.

Thanks

Dawn

0 Kudos

Hello Dawn,

in case you already dont have them included, two other infoObjects also need to be in there.

0TCAACTVT- include activity 03 and 0TCAVALID- * value (used to give validity date for the authorization).

these objects along with 0TCAIPROV should be available to the user in atleast one authorization.

Regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant, I will give those a try.

Dawn