cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while determining ref. mov. type for WM via Table 156S: 551/X/X/ /L:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing typical problem while I create a inbound delivery ( with out any reference VL01NO) it is giving following error "Error while determining ref.mov.type for WM via Table 156S: 651/X/X/ / /X/". How i can resolve this ref. move. type error? More over 551 scrap , so how to trouble shoot this error?

Awaiting

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your settings in SPRO > LE > WM > Interfaces > IM > Define movement types - here a WM reference mvt is assigned to the IM-mvt, and a WM-mvt is assigned to the WM reference mvt.

am facing typical problem while I create a inbound delivery ( with out any reference VL01NO) it is giving following error "Error while determining ref.mov.type for WM via Table 156S: 651/X/X/ / /X/". How i can resolve this ref. move. type error? More over 551 scrap , so how to trouble shoot this error?

However, a little bit strange what you are doing... How can you use IM-mvt 551 for an INBOUND delivery, or for a delivery at all??? Very strange...

I saw your previous thread (question) where you mentioned that you want to send scrapped materials to vendor (you want to "track") this process...

Scrapping (by mvt 551) means internal scrapping in SAP, the only thing you can do in this case is to negotiate with your supplier and get a credit note from them.

When you scrap the material by MB1A + 551 (e.g.) the parts will be "consumed". What do you want to send through a shipment???

There's standard process in SAP to handle / manage parts of bad quality and send them back to the vendor. basically you have two options:

- send back the parts with reference to the original PO by mvt 122 (MIGO)

- create a return PO (normal PO where return indicator is set) and book goods movement (GI) by mvt 161

Please check SAP online help:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/a5/63351643a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

So, standard process and solution exists...why are you doing such strange thing?

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 13, 2009 10:32 PM

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 13, 2009 10:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

I make a mistake by saying INBOUND DELIVEY, it is OUTBOUND delivery.

The reason why we cannot use the 122 and PO`s is : we are buying part from the vendor A and sending the part for physical scrap to vendor B and the parts we sent for scrap are radioactive and the regulation are asking us to so.

What i am trying to explain is the transaction mb1a 551 is done by us are we are loosing the tracabelity and we don`t have any control on transport.

What i know is the way to make the link with transportation (shipment) is the delivery (outbound or inbound)

I did the configuration for delivery type without reference and schedule line is linked to the movement type 551.

The configuration is done for WM mov type.

I also create a line in the table V_156T_V to have the 551 L(movement indicator = delivery).May be i have to do additionnal config.

Please help

Thanks & regards

Bouba