cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM / CLM /E-sourcing / ERP integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have lot of doubts about integration between SRM / CLM / E-sourcing / ERP; I will try to explain the main ones (but I have othersu2026).

For what regards Contract Management, for example, what I've so far understood is:

1) CLM is a solution for contract Authoring; the integration with a procurement system (ERP or SRM) is foreseen ONLY for ERP; this means that I can Create a Legal Contract in CLM, finish the creation Process and Create an operational contract in ERP: is it right?

2) Which CLM functionalities can we have in SRM 7.0? If the answer is u20180u2019 this means that, for example a customer willing to have a SAP solution for u2018operational Procurementu2019 (e.g.: SB with Catalog) AND a solution for Contract authoring SHOLUD install two different SAP Solutions (SRM for operational Procurement AND CLM for Contract Authoring Process)?

For What regards Sourcing Functionalities, what can we find in SRM 7.0 u2018inheritedu2019 from the Frictionless e-sourcing application? (e.g. Category management)?

Even in this case, for a customer willing to implement SRM Operational Process AND strategic Sourcing (at the top of available SAP Functionalities) we should foresee to install two different SAP solutions? (SRM-EBP for Op Process AND e-sourcing 5.1).

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Max

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

Proper integration of SRM / CLM /E-sourcing / ERP integration has been an discussion item since long.

I am trying to answer your questions as I view them.

1) You are correct.

As per the road map, "Central contracts" in SRM 7.0 is the future for contract management, so you can expect CLM integration with central contracts in upcoming versions of e-sourcing.

2) CLM functionalities are not there in SRM 7.0.

Based on client requirements you can expect implementation of SRM as well as CLM.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

thanks for your answers (I'm sorry I'm not so able of SDN forums and so I hope I've rewarded points).

But I'd like to know your opinion even for the last question I've posted regarding the sourcing Functionalities of e-sourcing application in SRM (e.g. Spend analytics integrated with e-sourcing Projects and so on...)

Thanks again.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

The focus on SRM 7.0 had been service procurement (hierarchies), central contract management, harmonisation of buyer role (access to ECC & SRM from portal), improvements in RFx to name a few... but I dont feel the idea was there to include e-sourcing functionalities into SRM (CLM, Spend Analytics stay in e-sourcing). So, both the systems will be useful & co-exist as of today.

You can find more details on SRM 7.0 on http://service.sap.com/srm

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Thank you again for your new answer.

With your answer you've confirmed me what I had understood watchin webcast series, presentation and so on.

What scares me about the lack of integration between SRM / e-sourcing / CLM (because I think that there is an integration issue in the SAP offering regarding SRM area) is the fact that customers willing to implement different business scenarios of a SRM business Strategies (Operational Procurement AND strategic Sourcing - the last one at the top funcationalities level - e.g Spend analytics integration with Sourcing Activities / Category management and so on) sholud have two (or more) different SAP solutions.

So another question (perhaps it will be the last...): in this case potential customers should pay different license fees (e.g. one license fee for SRM Operational Procurement and another one for CLM application).

Thank you again.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...

CLM is part of e-sourcing suite, so you can go for complete e-sourcing suite or specifically only CLM, depending on need.

Issues mentioned by you are known, we will see better integration in time to come. Stay positive.

Thanks

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ashutosh!

Thanks even for 'the message of hope'.

Max

Answers (0)