cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS background job monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm looking for a way to centrally monitor all batch jobs so I can setup a reaction for any cancelled jobs to make a log.

Currently, when I go into my central monitoring server - RZ20 - SAP CCMS Monitor Templates, I see all the nodes in my landscape under Availablity and Performance Overview. I'm wondering if there is a way to get all the nodes to give forward the information for Background process as well. Then I can use the auto reaction to write them to a file.

Does anyone know how to get all the Background processes forward to the central CCMS system?

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I've read these before but they don't go into the details I need on how to configure my CEN server to receive alerts from a node for Background jobs. What I need is information on how to activate CCMS in the Central server so that it receives the messages for the background process. I don't believe sending emails is the solution I'm looking for. It should be sending the data through sapccmsr.

Any thoughts on how to enable this?

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Anyone know how to do this. I've been reading through the forums and sap help pages for a week now and I am not able to figure out how to get all my batch jobs monitored on the Central instance. Each node is monitoring them individually (local) but the alerts aren't being forwared to the CEN CCM monitor.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

I am not exactly sure if you want this but please try this.

RZ20> SAP CCMS Admin Workplace-> Background Processing (Double click)

And then check the internal nodes.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lee,

maybe it could be interesting for you, but within Business Process Monitoring you could configure background jobs and monitor these jobs whether there are canceled, have a start delay or information in the job log. For more information please visit: http://service.sap.com -> "Technical Information" -> "Setup Guide - Business Process Monitoring" from page 28.

Regards,

Hendrik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wrote a seperate script to pull the logs. I'm sure there is a way to do this within SAP but I needed to do it quickly so I did it at the os level.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know if you have found way to monitor the batch jobs through CCMS, Thank you.

Edited by: Suresh Draksharam on Oct 21, 2009 8:41 PM