cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add New Column to custom Webdynpro & adding Download excel option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am practising the tutorial created by Rich heilman [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2868] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

This tutorial pulls of table slfight and shows the ALV Webdynrpo output.Now I want to add a extra column eg: Username in ALV webdynpro output and also enable excel download options.

Any ideas?

rgds

Vara

Edited by: Vara K on Jan 13, 2009 8:13 PM

Edited by: Vara K on Jan 13, 2009 8:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I think you need to find a different tutorial blog if you want to use ALV. There is nothing in this blog that uses ALV. Rich is only using a normal Web Dynpro table.

In order to add another field, just extend the context node that you bind to the ALV component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you prosejit for your input.

I finally created alv report but working on some issues.

Like removing COPY/RESET button, Changing sequence of the output columns, adding checkbox to one of alv output column.

Any idea?

rgds

Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wanr ALV output, first you create a dictionary structure with output fields.

second, in 'Used Components' you have to add component alv_table of component SALV_WD_TABLE.

third, define the context nodes, and the attributes unto it.

fourth, attach UI Element ViewContainer in your view, to store your alv_table.

fifth, under 'Component Usage', select alv_table, then 'Interfacecontroller', drag the node containing the data you propose to display into the 'Data' node of the 'Interfacecontroller'.

sixth, in the window, embed the alv_table in your ViewContainer, by righ clicking and choosing the embed view option.

Activate and run the application.

Regards,

Prosenjit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In blog, not ALV. Just a normal Table UI element.