Did you mean: 

unable to logon to Enterprise Services Builder or Integration Builder

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

i see url http://<host>:<port>/dir the:

Integration Builder

Enterprise Services Builder

I have between my integration server (PI7.1) an my client with wich i call the url: http://<host>:<port>/dir different domainnames.

When i'am try to logon in Enterprise Services Builder or Integration Builder, i become a pop up typical jlnp (java web start) for input username and pass. what username/pass combi is the right. I become an error:

Unable to connect to server P4://soplex-sxi.soplec.local:@com.sap.aii.server.port.repository@. Check server availability

In troubleshooting, i see - i must specify an P4 Provider, but in http://<host:port>/nwa/quicklinks i cant found this parameter.

Thanks a lot,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I have forgotten the initial setup of Netweaver /nwa > configuration management > scenarios > configuration wizard ...

user pisuper missind, that was the reason.

Thanks and Sorry fpr lost time ...

christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Could you better explain what you have done to solve the problem, please? I am having the same problem: trying to connect in Enterprise Services Builder and a pop up shows up saying it is unable to connect to the server.

Thanks,

Cristiano Wagner

0 Kudos

Hi All.

We also faced this problem and the solution was restart the P4 service and also restarted the SMICM

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

here the complete log extract:

====================================================================

== Content from the LogHandler =====================================

====================================================================

#6 21:22:23 [AWT-EventQueue-2] ERROR com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ExceptionDialog: Throwable

Thrown:

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.ReconnectRuntimeException: Unable to connect to server P4://susexi.soplec.local:@com.sap.aii.server.port.repository@. Check server availability

at com.sap.aii.ib.clsif.login.EJBHomeFactory.getInitialContext(EJBHomeFactory.java:668)

at com.sap.aii.ib.clsif.login.EJBHomeFactory.connect(EJBHomeFactory.java:461)

at com.sap.aii.ib.clsif.login.EJBHomeFactory.initRemoteFactory(EJBHomeFactory.java:133)

at com.sap.aii.ib.clsif.login.LoginServiceImpl.login(LoginServiceImpl.java:176)

at com.sap.aii.ib.clsif.login.LoginServiceImpl.login(LoginServiceImpl.java:121)

at com.sap.aii.ib.clsif.login.LoginServiceImpl.login(LoginServiceImpl.java:109)

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.login.SplashLoginFrame$LoginController.doTrial(SplashLoginFrame.java:952)

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.login.SplashLoginFrame$LoginAction$1.run(SplashLoginFrame.java:824)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.Guitilities$EventProcessor.dispatchEvent(Guitilities.java:319)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext.

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:488)

at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.aii.ib.clsif.login.EJBHomeFactory.getInitialContext(EJBHomeFactory.java:653)

... 15 more

Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: p4://susexi.soplec.local:@com.sap.aii.server.port.repository@ : no port is specified in the URL andthe service does not have a defalut port

at com.sap.engine.interfaces.cross.CrossObjectBroker.getDestination(CrossObjectBroker.java:117)

at com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl.getInitialContext(InitialContextFactoryImpl.java:347)

... 20 more

P4 - Protocol i known in context with port 50004 in visual administrator to logon on it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Try using ip address instead of host name. may be that helps.

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kulwant,

no - i had with ip ...

maybe the version of java on client-side ...

thanks,

christoph

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Is the hostname registered in the dns server? I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, which was caused by the dns server.

Best regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chris,

i have entries for pi-server(linux) in /etc/hosts as fqdn and on client side (winxp) in /windows/system32/divers/etc/hosts .

hm.

maybe - the java version on client sid. i use java6.0.

thanks,

christoph