cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Mail Adapter Configuration error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on scenario mail adapter to CRM system. And when I tried to configure the sender email adapter I have got the error following error, Can any one help me to resolve this issues

error occured: <b>exception caught during processing mail message; java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused</b>

the details I have provided are as follows

Transport protocol is POP3

URL - POP://mailservername/Inbox/folder

And I have tried with the IMAP4 also

URL - IMAP://mailservername/Inbox/folder

And we have cross checked that the XI server is able to ping that particular mail server.

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the Information.

Now we have activated POP3 protocol for the Mail Server.

And configured the sender mail adapter with the details as "URL -POP://<mailservername>", I am getting the error an saying that 'invalid user authentication; user or password not set',

but when I have asked the adminstration regarding the user name and password they told that there is no authentication required for that mail box.

but my concern is if there is no authentication then how the channel will be able to communicate with particular mail box.

Can anyone help me out to understand clearly how I can configure the Sender Mail adapter and resolve the issues.

Note: the requirement is we need to read the mails from a mailbox and post the data in to crm system.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat.

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswara Rao,

If your Mail server is in your company's network, first try to access that mail server with the username and password specified in XI sender Adapter.

This username and password will normally be your network login user and password. Try with that and see if it works.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I am able to access the mail box from my outlook but when I am providing my username and password in sender email channel configuration, it's saying that requested mail box is not on that server.

I think when I have provided my userid and password it's searching for my mail box.

Could yoy please suggest me, any other probabilities I can try.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswara,

I would suggest that you go through these to know how to configure your sender mail adapter,

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step mail adapter step by step</a>

<a href="/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure adapter Scenario</a>

Also, to know the various parameters of a sender mail adapter, just go through this link,

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/c093409c663228e10000000a1550b0/content.htm">Configuring sender mail adapter</a>

Check your mail adapter configuration against these details. Also, check if the mail server you are trying to access is running.

Also go thru this pdf to make yourself more comfortable with mail adapters.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004556712005E/HowTo_Mail_Adapter2.pdf

Regards,

abhy

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>>And we have cross checked that the XI server is able to ping that particular mail server.

are you 100% sure this works ?

Connection refused occures when XI cannot connect

in most cases so try checking it again

maybe some ports are not opend on the firewall

so something similar

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for the information. As I don't have the server access, I have requested my adminstrator to check weather the XI server is able to ping the Mail server or not. And They are saying that ping is sucessfuly.

And Can you please let me know, How I can cross check what are all the prots are opened for the server.

Regards,

Venkat.

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswara Rao,

Reefer to the how-to-guide on mail adapter at the following link

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

Try with IMAP://mailserver/<folder>. The <folder> is at the same level as inbox folder. Recently, one of my colleagues tried this option and got it to working. Make sure username and password fields for the mail server are correctly defined.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the information and I have tried creating the folder at the inbox level but still the same error.

I think it might be the access issuses and from you are end any other ideas.

Regards,

venkat.

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkateswara Rao,

You certainly have access issues if you are getting the connection refused error. Make sure you check the user authentication on the IMAP Server.

Also, you need to have messages that are marked as unread in your folder.

Rgds,

Sam Raju