Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a De-Central Adapter Engine

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding a de-central adapter engine, please see below.

Would it be possible to have one de-central adapter and connecting it to two central adapters, say PI DEV and PI QA?

I have pondered and investigated this, but would need assistance to achieve this if indeed this can be done.

If possible please could you assist in the question above and point me in the right direction to achieve this.

Rergards

Willie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Would it be possible to have one de-central adapter and connecting it to two central adapters, say PI DEV and PI QA?

Hi Willie,

This is not possible. A decentral AE is restricted to one PI.

Would it be an option to use a PCK instead? This could communicate with several PI systems, but it has to be configured locally.

Regards

Stefan

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Jan 13, 2009 4:35 PM

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your prompt response. PCK is not an option for us as we would like to you consistent technology in our transport landscape for PI DEV => QA => Prod.

This local J2EE adapter engine will be situated in the DMZ for security. It is done in this way to assist in the PI interface Development and the Quality Assurance. So I assume that the reason that this can not be done is because in NWA on the local adapter engine you have to point it to the central adapter engine and that you can not add more that one central adapter engine instance to this configuration, am I correct?

Regards

Willie

PS: Additionally I have communicated with you some time ago about problems with mail adapter, two payloads and to put one in the body of the outlook message and the other as an attachment. I was following you how to guide at the time. At the time we were on PI 7.10 SP5. This issue has now being solved in PI 7.10 SP7 patch level 000001. Note 1265972 - Feature to set Mime Content-type for receiver Mail Adapter. The procedure has changed quite a bit since you how to guide. I did not need to use the payload swap module in the module config of the channel. Only tranformbean and XImail.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So I assume that the reason that this can not be done is because in NWA on the local adapter engine you have to point it to the central adapter engine and that you can not add more that one central adapter engine instance to this configuration, am I correct?

There are a lot of reasons: The decentral AE

- is configured with help of the Integration Directory of the PI system

- AE addresses the Integration Engine of PI in a sender scenario

- uses the User Management of the PI

The AE is not designed to work with several PI systems.

> PS: Additionally I have communicated with you some time ago about problems with mail adapter, two payloads and to put one in the body of the outlook message and the other as an attachment. I was following you how to guide at the time. At the time we were on PI 7.10 SP5. This issue has now being solved in PI 7.10 SP7 patch level 000001. Note 1265972 - Feature to set Mime Content-type for receiver Mail Adapter. The procedure has changed quite a bit since you how to guide. I did not need to use the payload swap module in the module config of the channel. Only tranformbean and XImail.

This is really good news. The patch is alvailable also for PI 7.0 and 3.0. This will help a lot of customers.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)