Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up an Unicode Printer?

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are only a few weeks away from going live with Poland.

But I have a "big" problem with the printers! Today, we use an modified HPLJ4 device type for all our printers (modified because of print controls). But with this device type, I can't print all characters of the different east europe counties (first Poland, after this Czech, Hungary and not far away Russia).

So what I have to do that my printers can print all special characters of the different countries? Is it just a new device type (if so - where to download) or is it more (if so - what?)

Thanks in advance

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

To print all languages you would need a Unicode device type such as HPUTF8 or SWINCF (for use with SAPSPrint) instead of HPLJ4 (which is only character set 1116/Latin 1). You'd need to download SWINCF from SAP (I don't think it's part of any standard install) and I'm not sure what's involved in using the HPUTF8 device type, I think you require special print drivers or something from HP.

I'm assuming you're a Unicode system.

Michael

michael_fallenbchel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MIchael,

I've already tested the HPUTF8 - but with this one, I got the problem, that normal lists or printouts of ALVs are wrong (the printout is not "table-like", every line has different column widths).

The other one (SWINCF) is new to me - I will test it. Hope this will solve my problem

Thanks a lot

Michael