cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS Sequencing Heuristic which should take Product Priority into account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Guru's,

In our business process modelling Customer wants scheduling as per Product Priority. Customer wants to give a definite priority of products in which he wants the sequencing to take place.

So, we thought of giving Product Priority in SNP2 Tab and PPDS Planning heuristic and run squencing heuristic which should take care the Product Priority.

PPDS orders are getting created with priority that we can see in //RRP3.( Priority values are same as what we have maintained for products)

But to our surprise, could not find one which takes care priority while scheduling.

Scenario: Product APriority 1-demand on Last day of the Month, Product B-Priority 2-Demand middle of the month, Product C-Piority 3-Demand beginning of the month.

System should sequence the products like ABC, this is our expected output.

Needs your suggestation and views.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem solved.thanks for the support,.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Priya -

Do you mind sharing with the group what the problem was and how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we have sequencing rule Low-> Low Medium->High Medium-> HIGH.

we have medium divided into low & high.can u guide on same .

At planning version level priority is set " 2 -Always Adopt from Product "

please guide on same.

Regards.

AMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If I understood right, you are trying to produce product A for demand on Last day of the Month, Product B for Demand middle of the month, Product C for Demand beginning of the month.

Can you try creating secondary resources (calendar resources) and open SECRES_A for last days of the month, SECRES_B for middle of the month and SECRES_C for beginning of the month. Add them to the relevant products PPMs and the product is produced only when the secondary resource is open and the scheduling follows the same.

Please let me know if this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable input....but i have tried to model the scenario......by adding one secondary resource and making that resource not available for a particular week....unfortunately that didnt hep us either. May be because Secondary resource is not relevent fot scheduling..system is not checking any downtimes and feeling that system is not at all using that resource.

Please clarify me , if at all system uses product priority in PPDS....the orders seems to be getting the priority from the product though pegging....but does system really uses that???

Any possible options by which we can model the scenario???

Your help will be appreciated..

regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Secondary resources are relevant for scheduling. We are using them. When you go to PPT1 in scheduling view, when you load both the primary and secondary resources, is the system opening the time (white area) letting you input numbers? is the secondary resource created as a single resource?

Even the order shouldn't have been created in the days the secondary resource is not open.

I am not sure about product priorities...let's see if any body else can help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just checking with you if you have mainatined Product Priority in both Product master and also in the Planning version. Then only PPDS considers this priority. In case if you did not maintain below are the steps to mainatin.

To check in Planning version, please go to Model and Version Management (/SAPAPO/MVM), double click on Active Version (000), on right of the screen under PPDS>Determine Priority>select option 2 (Always adopt from Product).This should consider Product Priority when you run PPDS Heuristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For product priority, we have maintained the setting in Model Version Management, and it is maintained as ''Take from Product''. And when we create orders , system through pegging setting the priority of the orders also. But while scheduling no PPDS heuristic is taking care priority into account.

Regarding seconday resource, i have created a Multimixed Resource.........do i have to create a Single Mixed One??? Once again i will check once again and confirm you back with details.

thanks for your suggestations.........will upodate you soon..

thanks,

Priya