cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of Steps in SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anybody explain me Significance of the steps shown on Left Hand side of Messages Display in SXMB_MONI. Like Inbound Message, Receiver Identification, Recevier Grouping, Call Adapter,...... like wise.

Thanks.

RP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

Good questions...

These steps are nothing but a Pipeline steps.Pipeline means how to message is processed through XI.

1)Receiver Identification: It determines identify the systems involved for the exchange of incoming messages.

2)Interface Determination: Each receiver system it determines which interface should receive the messages.

3)Message Branching: If Multiple receivers are found,XI will initiate the each receiver to the new message.

4)Request Message Mapping: Call the mapping program ,and transformed structured message to the target structure.

5) Call Adapter: Send a transformed message to Adapter or Proxy..

Regards,

Sateesh N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Based on your question shown below

Can anybody explain me Significance of the steps shown on Left Hand side of Messages Display in SXMB_MONI. Like Inbound Message, Receiver Identification, Recevier Grouping, Call Adapter,...... like wise.

See First of all note few points...you want to know the significance of steps shown on the left hand side means Please clarify the question once again..

My question is whether

a) you want to know the significance of Creating those INTERFACE DETERMINATION and RECEIVER IDENTIFICATION , etc or else

b) The reason and significance of showing those steps here in the MONI on left hand side panel...?

See first of all the most important thing is all these steps present in the left hand side panel of the SXMB_MONI is mainly based on the TRACE LEVEL and LOG LEVEL. okay. I think I am creating confusion right wait I will explain those in detail...please go through the below steps.

1) Some times even though your messages are success you can't able to see those success messages like SYNCH success like SOAP to SOAP ,etc

2) Some times on the left hand side you can able to see only few steps like XML INBOUND Message and you can able to see the pay load at which you are giving / entering and few further steps.

Note:: In order to resolve these issues and I mean at these times mainly you need to go to Transaction Code :: SXMB_ADM > IntegrationEngine Configuration> Click Configuration --> There you can find RUN TIME Categories , MONITOR and TRACE LEVEL categories and BPE.

By Right click those under at current Values section and if u increase the LOG and TRACE LEVEL you can able to see all the steps and these steps Inbound Message, Receiver Identification, Recevier Grouping, Call Adapter

Now when come to STEPS ::

1. Inbound Pay Load::

It shows the Pay Load or source Data at which you are entering I mean along with the values at which how the SOAP or XML body you are passing and sending to XI system.

It again contains three sub parts HEADER ,BODY and PAYLOAD.

2. XML Validation Inbound Channel Response

It shows that your communication channel is requesting to pick the source data to XI. and showing that what Pay load is going to handling.

3. Receiver Determination

It determines identify the Receiver systems I mean to which business system it is going to sent and it involved for the exchange of incoming messages.

4) )Interface Determination:

It determines based on the Receiver Determination it founds the Receiver Interface resent in the receiver business system that comminiates with Target system

5) Message Split According to Receiver List

As or friend told that If Multiple receivers are found,XI will split the message and initiate each receiver to the new message.

6) Request Message Mapping

It shows the XML generated after Mapping is done based on the values given in the Inbound payload.

7) Call Adapter

IT Sends a transformed message to Adapter or Proxy..which is know as Receiver ADapter.

Note:: Most important thing is suppose if there is any error in your mapping in case of Asynchronous scenario or else also in RESPONSE message Mapping in case of SYNCH scenario then defintely this CALL adapter erros will occurs. My main intention in sending this statement is suppose if your target structure is not fine or else if it is unable to create the target element then this error will occurs.

In this you can check the RESPONSE PAY LOAD. which you gets the response from your target structure.

See this SXMB_MONI is mainly in order to monitor your messages in detail and also to monitor and Trace where exactly the issues is..........?

NOTE:: You can also view messages in the SYSTEM STACK in the below url other than this MESSAGE MONI in abap stacck and RWB....here you can also monitor the messages in detaiil as base don the SYNCH and ASYNCH and also as based on the error catogories and here you can delete the queues if there are more number of messages in BOttle neck....

http://HOSTNAME:PORT/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rp,

I hope you are aware of the Pipeline steps.

XI Messages are passed through a series of processing steps called the XI Pipeline.

Messages are processed through a set of services, each of which performs a specific operation on the message.In this way, different configuration steps can be treated as distinct processes.

We can monitor the messages that have been processed through this in the transaction SXMB_MONI

Each pipeline processing step is shown on the left hand side of the screen.This allows us to track exactly how a message changed as it passed through the various pipeline processing steps.

Regards,

Swathi.

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the step by step message processing details for monitoring purpose. You can check exactly which step has the problem while troublshooting for the errors.

Thanks!