Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New session was refused due to memory bottleneck - ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

After testing our services for sometime we are getting this message:

The following error text was processed in the system EU8 : New session was refused due to memory bottleneck

The error occurred on the application server ukapx096_EU8_00 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: ABORT_MESSAGE_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Function: ICF_ATTACH_ITS_PLUGIN of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST_FROM_MEMORY of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP

Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME

Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

We realized our memory was entirely consumed and logged off all sessions. Invalidated the cache in SITSPMON and we dont have any ITS sessions (checked in SM04). Even then the problem continues. We restarted the ICM with no positive results. We then increased the memory for ITS to 512MB and then restarted the SAP system. But the problem continues. We couldnt run any services (Even WEBGUI service for SE16).

Do we need to refresh any more caches/memories?

Regards,

Ravikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

This error is due to insufficient memory - configure em/global_area_MB to a higher value (probably 1GB). However, as this shared context, you will have to see what all you use. And, there are dependencies as well (em/initial_size_MB) for instance.

There are various notes on sizing the ITS. Please refer those. If your OS is IBM AIX, there are specific notes for these as well (you can change the memory management to shared memory segments) and the note gives details of related parameters.

One point of caution. After you increase the global area and solve the bottleneck issue, you might get into ICM issues (max connections, threads, etc). So, please analyze the utilization of ITS in your scenario, go through the OSS notes for ITS and ICM and configure all the parameters.

If you are using ITS along with heavy load on the ABAP side as well, you might get into physical memory issues and hence check paging and as a last resort, you might have to go in for RAM upgrade

Siva

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravikanth,

Could you please see note 742048 for information on ITS memory requirements. If that does not resolve the issue please post the error in the developer trace file from the work process with the issue (0 in the above example). Thank you.

Edgar

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

We already considered the note and configured 256MB. Later we increased it to 512MB.

SM50 Trace for the WP 0.

W Wed Jan 14 13:52:08 2009

W *** WARNING => ipl_MemAvail already 98 % memory used (itsp: highwater = 80 %) [itsplmem.c 535]

M ***LOG W0D=> NULL& [itspxx.cpp 697]

W *** ERROR => itsp_OpenSession failed rc = 1, send icf error page [itsplxx.c 878]

M ***LOG W03=> [itsplxx.c 879]

W *** ERROR => ipl_OpenSession returns 1(ITSPE_FAILURE) [itsplxx.c 881]

W *** ERROR => Raise Last error:[27 from: itspxx.cpp :699] [itsplxx.c 1216]

W *** ERROR => RaiseError(sapdext) ITS_P:27 [itspxx.cpp 699]

SM21 Trace

ITS, New user session denied due to memory bottleneck.

ITS, User session could not be created

Transaction Canceled ITS_P 027 ( )

Failed to activate authorization check for user SAPSYS

Transaction Canceled 00 560 ( SAPSYS 000 )

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Ravikanth

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravikanth,

That error still means that there is a shortage of available global memory. Please see transaction SITSPMON and the Memory statistics tab for the memory used by the ITS and what is available on your system.

Edgar

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

At the start of services SITSPMON shows 384MB of 512MB available for ITS. Once I start the service this quickly goes down to 0MB. I realized its happening for one ISR service that we are implementing. I am analyzing why this service consumes that much memory.

Do you know where the templates are stored in SAP server? I mean when we publish the services to site Internal they sit in some directory. Any idea of the path?

I certainally know this in Standalone ITS. I know the paths and when I check them I can actually see all the Templates, MIMEs etc. Can I know the similar paths in Integrated ITS?

Regards,

Ravikanth

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravikanth,

The templates for the Integrated ITS are stored in the database.

If you'd like to see the size of templates and mimes of a service the easiest is to publish them to your local drive instead of the Internal ITS.

To solve this issue you really should just increase the global memory to a point that you can run this service. That way you know what the service needs and what is causing the large amount of memory used.

Edgar

former_member187668
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Edgar for the information.

I could figure out the memory issue. Its due to a wrong Java script code. The service which is causing the problem has some bad JS code. I modified it and now it works pretty fine.

Thanks all for the help.

Regards,

Ravikanth