cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant-Company code assignment replication from ECC to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working on ECC6.0 and SRM5.0 system. I was configuring the Organisation structure using PPOMA_BBP when I noticed that in the extended attributes, the Location is not linked to the correct Company Code. For eg, In the backend, plant 1000 is linked to company code 2000. But in SRM system, when I click on 1000 plant in PPOMA_BBP transaction(giving the correct source system), it picks company code 3000 by default (and the field is greyed , so I can't change the same).

I tried running the report BBP_GET_LOCATIONS_ALL report, but the plant to company code assignment doesnot get corrected.

Can someone tell me if there is any other place where this assignment is done in SRM so that I can complete my Organisation structure config?

Useful answers will be surely awarded points.

Thanks and Regards,

Ancy Anto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check ECC, how many plants are assigned to your intended company code.

A plant can only belong to one company code.

Also please check what is the company code assigned to your root level in the SRM Org Structure

Regards

Sam

Edited by: Sam Chacko Ninan on Jan 13, 2009 4:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

There is just one plant assigned to the given company code.

Also, there is no company code assigned to my root node. But, company code 5000 is assigned to the node under the root node (the object I am trying to configure is under this node). And the default company code picked by the system is neither 5000 (the one assigned to the root node) nor 2000 (the one actually assigned to the plant 1000.

Regards,

Ancy

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Cross check what is the entry in BBP_LOCMAP table in SRM?

it must have compnay code and plant relationship.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

If you have assigned company code 5000 to a node, then it doesnt make sense to add a plant of different company code under this node if my understanding is correct.

So if you want to assign a plant of company code 2000, you need to create a node with company code 2000 in SRM.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, I already checked BBP_LOCMAP table. There the plant 1000 is assigned to 3000 company code. Could you let me know how this table is updated, if not through the BBP_GET_LOCATIONS_ALL report?

Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The requirement is such that I need to have a different company code at that node. And, I have already done a similar config in another client and it is working fine there. Only difference being, that the backened config was correctly updated in SRM client unlike this one.

What I wanted to know was if any other updation report exists which I may have to run to get this assignment corrected?

Thanks and Regards,

Ancy

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Ancy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, Muthu. So, I have run this report but the table is not getting updated with the latest config from ECC.

Could you help me resolve the same?

Regards,

Ancy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you run this program BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_SELECTED and enter the specific plant and check the company code which is updated.

I hope this will help you to resolve you can run this in debug mode too to find out the company code which is getting updated in table BBP_LOCMAP

Thanks