cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain SCM Optimizer Logs for last 3 months (/sapapo/snpoplog)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SCM 2007 system and Optimizer version is 5.1 SP06.

Now, in trx /sapapo/snpoplog i can see the logs of optimizer runs for last 1 month only. But, I want the logs to be there for past 3 months.

Please let me know how/where can i set such parameter so that i can see the optimizer logs for last 3 months.

Regards,

Chintan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

As per SAP best practices, the application logs should not be stored for quite long period which will occupy the memory of livecache and slowdown the database system. This will also results in jamming of queues due to delay in inbound-outbound movements. This has potential impact in long running of normal business background jobs.

I am also attaching the SAP link for your kind reference.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/a7/bbdf371babfa0fe10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know how can optimizer log retention period affect system performance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

In my test system, I manually put value of 365 days and then try to save it. System saved the results. Then I came out of the system and again went into the transaction and saw the value again and found remain unchanged(365 days). This indicates system allows you to change the value in the custom transaction that I have given above.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved. The trx to be used is RCCF_CUST and not /sapapo/copt00 or /sapapo/copt01.

Senthil,

Can you let me know how does this affect system performance?

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

The value will get changed to 14 as per default defined in SAP standard.

I am attaching the SAP standard help on this functionality.

Period Before the Logs Expire (In Days)

The number of days which the application log of the optimizer should be retained in the system.

Use

If you do not maintain this field, the system uses the default value of 14 days.

It is advisable to keep maximum for 2 weeks because it will affect performance if it is more than 14 days. In case, if more than 14 is required, then some customisation needs to be done. But surely it will affect system performance if it is more than 14 days.

Please confirm.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but how can I change it then and from where can i get this information.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Please use the below menupath in spro customisation mode.

Transaction code: spro

Menu path:-

SAP SCM Implementation guide --- APO --- Basis settings --- Optimization --- Maintain Global settings (Execute it) --- define your Log expiration

Hope this solution will work out for you.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Senthil.

I changed it to 90 days and saved. But when i return to that trx, i see that the value is not getting reflected and its changed back to 14.

Regards,

Chintan

gustavo_prez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Chintan,

3 Months looks too much for me;! nevertheless, transaction for this is /n/SAPAPO/COPT00.

Best regards,

Gustavo Pérez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perez,

Thanks for the reply.

In trx /n/SAPAPO/COPT00, the Persistence Time is already set to 14 but I can see logs older than a month.

I guess the Pers. Time is for deleting only the trace file from the optimizer log and not the complete opt log.

Regards,

Chintan

gustavo_prez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Chintan,

In order to make this setting works, the program /SAPAPO/OM_REORG_DAILY should be scheduled and running.

Please check that,

Best regards,

Gustavo Pérez

gustavo_prez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Chintan,

I think the deletion of the trace file is defined in the optmizer server, in the clean period of the path where this log are stored.

Best regards,

Gustavo Pérez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone pls let me know how to change the log retention period of the logs in /sapapo/snpoplog trx.

Regards,

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls help me, how can i maintain optimizer logs for last 3 months?