Did you mean: 

Why we dont need sender agreement and comm channel in IDOC to file scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are 2 queries:

first query :

Scenario is "Idoc to file transfer"

why we dont need sender agreement and communication channel for IDOC to file ,while we do need

both of these for "File to RFC "

Answer : which i got is because IDOC sits at ABAP stack but same is valid for RFC also.

Then why For "IDOC to file" we dont need that.

Second query:

Also when i did scenario for File1-RFC-File2 scenario using BPM i have created a interface

between XI-RFC synchronous to send data which we got from file1 in XI to RFC importing parameter

and getting data from RFC back to File2.

Here in IDOC to file scenario why we dont need any interfface for IDOC-XI Asynchronous.

Regards,

Mayank

Edited by: mayank verdia on Jan 13, 2009 11:49 AM

Edited by: mayank verdia on Jan 13, 2009 11:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Hi,

> Answer : which i got is because IDOC sits at ABAP stack

Important is that the IDoc adapter sits at ABAP stack (RFC adapter is on Java stack).

>Here in IDOC to file scenario why we dont need any interfface for IDOC-XI Asynchronous.

The File to File scenario is asynchronous but you could make a synchronous RFC lookup. For this lookup you need an additional interface.

The IDoc to file is (like you mentioned) asynchronous. It would be possible to extend it to to an IDoc -> RFC lookup -> File scenario then you would need an additional RFC interface too.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say IDOC adapter sits on ABAP stack what that excatly means??

I think i didnt explain second query properly:

From R/3 idoc will be triggered and XI scenario will be initiated.

now i am sending material number from R/3 and putting this material number in a File server (NFS).

So during IR process, i have created only 1 interface that is Inbound/asynchronous which will be used to send data from XI i. Material numbers to the file.

But why we dont need an interface to first link R/3 To IDoc.

what i think is Since we difine Port , which is the channel thorugh which IDOC data is moved!!

But i am not sure about this!!

so please confirm!!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>When you say IDOC adapter sits on ABAP stack what that excatly means??

IDOC adapter (the same as HTTP adaptr) is developed in ABAP

and not in JAVA (like all the rest) so there is no need for a communication

channel in those cases - but!

both IDOC and HTTP communication channels should be used

as they contain new parametes (like packages for IDOC adapter from EhP1)

and those cannot be set up if you don't have a communication channel

if you need any more details about IDOCs and XI try my book:

http://www.sap-press.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H1935

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com XI/PI FAQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> But why we dont need an interface to first link R/3 To IDoc.

You have to import the IDoc in the Repository and then you could use the imported IDoc as Interface (also inside mapping). It's not necessary to create an additional Message Interface.

The port defines which RFC connection is used to transfer the IDoc to PI.

More informations could be found in the book from Michal and here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6fba344...

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

here is new document for IDOC TO FILE scenario..

http://jskcomput.blogspot.com/2013/08/idoc-to-file-scenario.html