cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding New Field in MDM Config (Display and Search) UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM Experts!

I copied the characteristics of the field Long Description and created a new field (Other Info) in MDM Console. I was able to see this new field in the Data Manager and Import Manager. But when I checked the catalog, this new field is not showing even if it contains information. I checked the Config UI and found out that the new field is not available in the fields ready for Display customization. Is it possible to add this new field in the Config UI fields? How do I do it if ever?

Will appreciate any input.

Thanks,

ASP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ASP,

usually you should be able to create new fields and show them in the UI. However, sometimes it is necessary to restart the instance in order for the changes to be visible in the UI.

Hope that helps.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the immediate reply. Restarting the server solved my problem. Full points awarded.

Hi Jitesh,

Thank you for replying. Points also awarded.

ASP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to restart the J2EE engine once in order to incorporate the changes made in the repository. I think it caches the entire repository structure because i have faced the same problem and restart solved the problem but after that whenever i modify the repository structure i will get the new fields in Config UI without restarting the engine.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja