cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Graphics: Displaying a complete year on Categories axis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm looking for solution how to present a complete year on category axis.

I have context values for y-points each coming with a specific date. But I don't want that each particular date is displayed on category/x-axis as this will only be confusing. I would prefer a solution displaying only each 1st day of each month, like 1.1.2008, 1.2.2008 and so on, but all my y-values should be displayed in between these categories.

I played around a bit, but when I change the category context so that it only contains these 12 elements (1 for each month), my line graph only displays 1 y-value too.

If I switch ChartType to "time_scatter" nothing changes. Maybe I also have to change the data type of my date elements, currently it is a String like "1.1.2008".

Any idea how to solve this!?

Regards, Steffen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

steffen_weber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Solved it myself!!!

Solution is the Time-Scatter Chart!

What I've missed is that when you change the chart type in the WD Element Properties part, these changes will obviously be overwritten when there is also a customizing XML entered coming from the Chart Designer.

With the Time Scatter and the Series-Points containing a time and a numeric value everything is working fine.

Except the problem when there are more than only 1 values available for a specific date. In this case the chart looks a bit ugly. But maybe further investigation will also solve this one!!!!

Bye