cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery on XI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Sorry this question might be a bit like BASIS question. But i just try my luck here to see hv anyone of you have the experience on Disaster Recover (DR) on XI server?

We know there is lot of product on ECC server DR, but I never heard of anything abt DR for PI/XI server. Normally in business, do they DR the XI? or they just backup it. Any build in tool by SAP can enable us to backup the XI object?

As we know, rebuilding up the SLD, IR, ID can be 1-2 years job. So, any alternative for us to make sure the XI/PI will be operational if the existing hardware failure?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Isaac.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>As we know, rebuilding up the SLD, IR, ID can be 1-2 years job.

all production servers have backups so restoring from backup

is max a few days and not years... come on

regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

come on... currently if i am not mistaken, there is no backup on the XI server. that's worry me man.. if one day there is a fire set on the server, all the object and interfaces need to be rebuild...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can take backup of XI objects - IR, ID, SLD by exporting the objects in a file on your local system.... there is no tool as such in XI for this backup..............But you can simply export all IR and ID objects from File menu Export option.............

Later you can use these files for importing your XI objects on a fresh XI system.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I know the Import/Export strategy. However, what I am actually looking at is any disaster recovery or some other approach we can use which is close to the DR concept.

For example, if our XI server having serious hardware failure or damaged due to natural disaster. We need to re-install and set all the SLD, RFC, and proxy all over again, right? That's y I m thinking of any Backup tool or DR tool we can use within SAP/ or maybe third party software which is compliance with SAP.. just name some example will do...

It will be good if any of you can share your experience on how your company / client handle this....

Thanks.