cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how i create a JCo server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

i'd like to create a new JCo server with NW 6.0,i have an example of this but i don't know what type NW project i must create for deploy my JCo server.

Please Help ME!!!!

TKS

Previous Reguards Francesco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

this forum contains some valuable information regarding JCO.Server (outbound calls). just refer this forum.

Francesco ,

actually this JCO.Server is for outbound calls(calling java functions from ABAP and hence the data transfer bw R/3 and Java).

I had tried to implement this , and almost finished .But here the real constraint is make the JCO.Server program which is constantly listening to the R/3 gateway server.

During JCO server creation actually we are using one program ID , to register it with the gateway server.In the example its just a console application(main), so we have to run it constantly to listen the gateway server port.In developer studio, we can create any J2EE applications.

But i think , we can make it constantly in a listening state by making it a service in the SAP J2EE WAS itself. so it automatically starts and listen when we start the J2EE server.And then access this service in our J2EE application.

I have one more suggestion regarding this..we have the provision to create a JCO service Provider in J2EE server itself.Here i think we are giving the same entries which are using for JCO.Server creation.Here also we are giving the server details, gateway server details , and one program ID , which is for registering with the gateway server. After giving proper entries, we have the provision to start this. then it will just work like a JCO.server . In our programs , i think we can access this service just like other services.

let me know.

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan